Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Cougar anyone?

I’m disappointed. From the thread title I was expecting something else…..

Forever learning
EGTB

Which Snagit does, as well as recording video of the screen

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

I use wonderful Faststone screen capture but I don’t think it supports capture while scrolling the page.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter,

the add itself was only the trigger for me to ask about the type. As the Cougar is rather rare, I was kind of hoping to get some information and data for my ever growing database. The actual airplane was of limited interest there. If I were to go for a light twin ever (Euromillions are a pre-condition for that) it would probably be a Twin Commanche anyhow.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

You could always use something like Snagit to take screenshots of larger images which require scrolling

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

This is why I normally do a snapshot of an advert if somebody starts a thread with it, or it is relevant to a discussion. The problem with Planecheck ads is that there is no quick way for me to do this and I don’t have the time to save one to a PDF and upload it to the local filespace. They are normally too long for a single screenshot.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

The one in the add has disappeared now. It is not on the sold listing, but one never knows, it was pretty cheap for what it was, so maybe someone got himself a bargain.

Thanks NorFlyer, always interested in pics. I heard from several sources that it is an attractive little twin but when that one turned up on planecheck for this price and those data, I thought it’s worth a closer look.

Actually just landed after a ferry flight of a Cougar (pic attached). I have about 30 hours on it. I find it rather nice to fly, albeit a bit slow and underpowered. OEI is not too pleasant, but not too bad if you’re quick.

It’s heavy on the controls and very stable so it feels bigger than it is. Spacious cockpit and cabin. Good instrument platform. Generally easy to fly and land. Does not like too much ice.

Maintenance is fairly straight forward. Beware of corrosion in the empennage. Let me know if you need details/pics as I have it in the hangar for a few days.

Norway, where a gallon of avgas is ch...
ENEG

Mark_B wrote:

I currently fly a twin comanche which despite being pretty basic, is light years better.

I think so too. Looking at the figures from the POH explains the price.

I did my MEP rating on one. It was comfortable to ride in, plenty of cabin space, with adequate two-engine performance. OEI is fine at low-level; the fuel system is the simplest possible, but the engines are carburretted so carb heat/icing are issues. I thought it was a great trainer, fairly benign, but I would not consider buying one for personal use , not least because of parts availability. I currently fly a twin comanche which despite being pretty basic, is light years better.

EGCJ, United Kingdom
17 Posts
Sign in to add your message