Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Airparks in Europe and around the world (merged)

That magazine is supposed to be inaccessible (due to containing State secrets, no doubt) for about a year….. but before I lost the will to live and debate this I extracted the relevant pages and put them here

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

truncated version of my bit at Siljan Air Park Article

edit – Hah! Peter beat me to it

Last Edited by Russell at 28 Apr 11:23
United Kingdom

Finnish Airpark

Off to Mantta in Finland tomorrow to have a look at the site for a residential airpark development. Their master plan looks amazing http://sassiin.fi/

Will keep you updated on the project.

EGBJ, EGBP, EGTW, EGVN, EGBS

Nice.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

They seem to be starting with an existing runway. It would be interesting to see how much of the rest actually exists. The aerial photos are all CGI.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Fly safely
Various UK. Operate throughout Europe and Middle East, United Kingdom

When do they plan to have it finnish?

Back from Finland and this is going to be an exciting project.
Currently all that is there Peter is a grass/dirt runway and a state of the art aircraft maintenance training college which is linked to the applied sciences University of Tampere.

Having taken on board some of my comments and suggestions the architects are preparing some revised plans. All this is with the support of the Mayor of Mantta and Directors of various town council departments.

Some of my suggestions included both aircraft and cars ustilising the same road/taxiways with aircraft having priority and one systems implemented; losing 3 of the runway entrances to the East of the r/w and using the area for a 500m grass runway running parallel to the new 850m hard runway (25/07); incorporating pilot activated runway lighting; not having separate house/hangar/garage/sauna on Airpark 1 & 2 but attaching a combined hangar/garage to the house and the obligatory sauna attached to the rear of the property (much easier not having to channel for separate electrics to detached structures). Airpark 1 & 2 “Hangar-houses” will have their own beaches and jetties for boats and/or amphibian aircraft.

The Airpark terminal/restaurant, with an ATC tower… initially as a viewing/bar area but with the possibility of having a working ATC as have suggested as well as the aircraft maintenance college an ATC training college could be situated on the Airpark as loads of space….will be turned 180 degrees to face the runway;

Quite a few other suggestions for the camping area in the centre of the peninsula, marina to the north are also being taken on board as well as a feasibility study for a loop bus service linking the various Airpark sites, the Serlachius Museum and art gallery and the town of Mantta.

I hope to go out there again in August and meet with the architects and the town planning department and see the revised plans. I am also supposed to be experiencing ice swimming this winter but really think I might pass on that, lol.

The forest area is scheduled for starting cutting down later this month.

Apart from having already sold one plot, not to me but to the pilot who took me for a flight in his Euro Fox to have a look at the site from the air, the launch is hoped to be in April 2018.

It’s hoped that the

EGBJ, EGBP, EGTW, EGVN, EGBS

Any ideas about the price for a patch? Are the houses standardized, or can you set up anything?

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Interesting concept. What I really like that the city sees the possibilities of a working aerodome and services attached to that. While looking at Helsinki, the capital of Finland, its totally vice versa as they are shutting down Malmi airport.

Definately considering our summer cabin next to Mänttä, if this airpark gets built =)

The old existing gravel runway is still operational and I’ll plan to visit it later this summer.

Flying Finn living in Switzerland.
LSZL LOcarno, Switzerland
Sign in to add your message