Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Are we still allowed to access our aircraft?

I could start a new thread under the title " Do Bryanair’s passengers have more rights than a local GA pilot ?". Oh YESsss. After 25 years of a home base with ALL special IDs and permits to enter the apron or drive around,an old “freshman” challenged my legitimacy at the same moment that cheerfull vacationers were left to scroll around the apron and walk to the Arrivals;something not permitted for other airlines.Asking the freshman why this discrimination he replied .."well these are cheapo passengers and succeeded a special arrangement to evade the bus cost !!!

LGGG

Dublinpilot’s post shows a particularly sick and warped mind on the part of the airport employee. A psychologist could probably make a case study on it. It is really disturbing that these people can not just exist but make progress in the human society.

That it was at Friedrichshafen doesn’t suprise me all that much, after the debacles in recent years with them cancelling flight plans whose ETA falls outside the slot. A different bunch doing that, but the psychology seems similar.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I recall having the pate confiscated at Lyon some years ago. I made a fuss that it couldnt possibly be classified as liquid, and with a pleasant enough French shrug was told the pate would have been allowed just before Christmas when plenty of French passengers wanted to take it back with them for the holiday, but now, after Christmas, it was not permitted.

Peter wrote:

That it was at Friedrichshafen doesn’t suprise me all that much, after the debacles in recent years with them cancelling flight plans whose ETA falls outside the slot. A different bunch doing that, but the psychology seems similar.

If you have a slot, would it not be reasonable for you to at least plan to arrive at the time of the slot?

What then happens in terms of actual flight time is another matter and I have never had any problems is I have been delayed – whether that has been late departure, wind or otherwise.

Last Edited by mmgreve at 06 Feb 08:59
EGTR

would it not be reasonable for you to at least plan to arrive at the time of the slot?

I suppose yes, but the principal IFR tool used (Autorouter) uses a “technologically pure” approach of enforcing the aircraft performance model and prevents the ETA to be tweaked to hit a specific time slot. So, when I had this problem, I filed the FP with EuroFPL on which you just put in some reasonable EET (say 3hrs) and set the ETA exactly as you want it In the end it is all a fallacy, due to wind, etc.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I may have been a tad optimistic in the cruise performance on a flightplan or two over the years, to hit the ETA, but we’re talking not wanting to ask for a new slot because of a minor delay. If you plan for a C152 to do 250kts, you should rightly get a bollocking.

Slots are normally there for a reason and if you can’t make your slot, I think the right action is to apply for a new slot.

EGTR

Air Crews all missed out on their chance to stop this moronity after 9-11 but most were too shellshocked I suppose.

When the new rules came in force treating all air crew as criminals, they should have stood down from flying world wide. Would not have taken more than half a day to stop this.

Whoever is trusted to fly and operate an airplane should be trusted with his baggage too.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Peter wrote:

I really don’t see the connection between the ATS people doing that and the people carrying out security checks. Anyway, both times I’ve been at Friedrichshafen I’d been well treated by security — even after the short confusion last time when they tried to stop me from using the crew line.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Aah, the spelling in the title has been corrected. Thank you, it’ been grating on this miserable old pedant’s nerves for days (I must have an easy life to be worried by such things).

strip near EGGW

Joe-fbs wrote:

Aah, the spelling in the title has been corrected. Thank you, it’ been grating on this miserable old pedant’s nerves for days (I must have an easy life to be worried by such things).

I was just about to comment the same! But then saw that you already did. Add me in.

Sign in to add your message