Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Around Britain Air Rally 2014

Nice video Howard – what camera / software?

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

Great write up Rob,
Well done for posting this honest and inspirational account of the ABAR14.
You really earned your zone transit spurs, and the ABAR prize.
I am glad you enjoyed our Glenforsa flight together with Andrew, as you say, a great day out.
And thanks for "persuading the MOD to stop firing at us!
Keep up the flying and writing, and let us know if you are up for more adventures?
Marcus

EGBK

Can i call them up for laughs for a transit?

I don’t see any reason why not. I believe the usual clearance is Burnham→Ascot not above 1000ft. Give them a try on 125.625 in plenty of time. My understanding is that you may be declined if there is an aircraft using that route at the same time in the opposite direction – something to do with separation. But if you don’t ask, you don’t get :)

Re. Video of Oban – What caused the wobble at about 6 minutes, when taxiing? Is it image stabilisation locking onto the prop?

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

Interesting about the Heathrow transit – I’ve always gone the “long” way round! Can i call them up for laughs for a transit? Heading down that way to the Goodwood Festival of Speed tomorrow actually?

I hope this works – above link to a video of my approach and landing at Oban during the ABAR 2014 tour.

Howard

Flying a TB20 out of EGTR
Elstree (EGTR), United Kingdom

Thank you all for your kind words. I’m glad it has piqued the interest of some forum members. ABAR hasn’t been an annual event in the past but there is talk of potentially making it so, assuming there is enough interest. I’ll keep you informed of any developments.

Great to meet you too Howard!

Brilliant write-up and superb photos Rob. It was a pleasure meeting you on the tour!

Take care

Howard

Flying a TB20 out of EGTR
Elstree (EGTR), United Kingdom

Why not start one yourself Jan? You have plenty of experience to pass on to others.

In many ways, the EuroGA flyin is a similar thing, pushing people to go beyond their home patch.

EIWT Weston, Ireland

As others have said, this looks like something to do somewhere over the next years! Though if I do, it might well be the single most expensive holiday of my life.

I wonder if there are (more or less) similar initiatives elsewhere.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium
17 Posts
Sign in to add your message