Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Athens based pilots

I am going to Athens for a couple of weeks on vacation and would like to join a local pilot for some local scenic flights at shared cost. Any pilots available please contact me ([email protected]).
I am based in Annemasse LFLI and am happy to have pilots join me for local flights in the Alps.

LFLI, Switzerland

@petakas may know someone.

Greece has no self fly hire but there is a bit of GA there, near Athens they are flying out of Megara.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I was able to rent and fly Maule M-7 (tricycle version) during my vacation last year, plane is based in LGTT which is short drive from Athens. I was provided with local safety pilot (not possible to rent without) and prices were reasonable. We flew more than 14 scenic hours across entire Greece in 4 days. Not sure if he is on this forum but try to text him – Spyros +30 697 877 8344 (he’s on WhatsApp).

Ani
LKLT, Czech Republic

Today I had the pleasure to take up for a ride with the TB20 @UNpeople with his friend after we connected through this post.
We flew the short coffee run from Megara LGMG to ZZZZ Kopaida northwest and after a nice chat over brunch we returned back to LGMG skimming though the clouds of a humid morning.
Its the first time I ever did this with a total stranger but EuroGA was for me the guarantee of authenticity LOL.
Nice to have met you @UNpeople

LGMG Megara, Greece

It was a pleasant flight with Kyp (@petakas) in his TB20 from Megara to Kopaida (a private airfield). We had coffee there and had a chat with George, the owner of the airfield to wait for the cloud to clear up. We had planned to over fly Athens on the way back but had to give up due to cloud cover, a rare meteo condition in Greece. Many thanks Kyp.

LFLI, Switzerland

I had contacted a few flying clubs near Athens to rent aircrafts but it did not work out for me. Most clubs near Athens are hosted at air bases around Athens (quite a few). To access these flying clubs and thus air bases, a security clearance (a badge) has to be obtained from the air base in advance which takes about a week to obtain. The access is granted only to pilots of EU nationals and Greek residents. Non EU nationals are denied access.

LFLI, Switzerland
6 Posts
Sign in to add your message