Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Best single flight you have ever had?

That’s a very moving post, Fenland_Flyer. You did a great deed.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Not really a single flight but a whole series. When I finished my work in Houston, I took two months off and flew my Cessna 140 from Texas to the west coast, back to Texas (to do the 50 hour maintenance – it was pretty much 50 flight hours out to the west coast), then out to the east coast including a day out at First Flight in North Carolina where the Wright Brothers first flew.

Virtually the whole thing was done using paper maps and looking out the window. The whole idea was to enjoy navigating the whole trip by hand rather than magenta line. The only time I turned my handheld GPS on was when near prohibited or restricted areas.

Andreas IOM

After reading this thread – none I guess….. :-(

EKRK, Denmark

So many to choose from! The Spitfire flights have been memorable, especially the 2nd one where I flew in formation with my own Falco.
I once took a decorated Lancaster Pilot in a PA28 to Conningsby where we got an official reception from the BBMF and a personal guided tour of the Lancaster; that was a very moving day.
Bizarrely, I’ve rather enjoyed the serious issue flights I’ve had too, the adrenaline rush from successfully dealing with emergencies was worryingly enjoyable!

Forever learning
EGTB

I recently had the opportunity to fly the Akshayuk Pass from Qikiqtarjuaq to Pangnirtung on Baffin Island in Northern Canada.
You fly past Thor Peak with its 4,000’ vertical shear drop over glaciers and through part frozen fjords.
That and the flight across the East Greenland coast a few days earlier will certainly remain among the most memorable.

KHWD- Hayward California; EGTN Enstone Oxfordshire, United States

Hi Mark,

Looks familiar! :-)

26 Posts
Sign in to add your message