Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Bird strike accidents and discussion (merged)

It appears that the area in which the accident happened is one of the highest populated with vultures in Spain (buitre leonado)

This document seems precious to give an idea of “what to expect”.

@Coolhand
I wonder what will happen now. In a legal way, but not only.
Meeting that much vultures, do you consider changing your flying habits ? Or just that your luck may or may not be with you some day ?

I am surprised the worst region is in the north and not around the mountains along the south coast.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

King Air bird strike

I found this on facebook, apparently from Spain. 13000ft.

Administrator

Are you sure that’s Spain? The cars in the bg look / are American as is the accent. Whatever – doesn’t look good, at least they lived to tell the tale! Guess flying King Air (looks like one) helps in a case like this…

Could be Mexican?

Administrator

Should say on Vimeo (cannot click through to the video on there), but irrelevant – 13k ft. Hmmmmmm. Could well have been around here, the Californian Condors soar to great heights just north of L.A. Once saw one at around 10k ft. Not too close, luckily! And these things are BIG!

The video is here but I am not sure if it is visible.

Administrator

If it was in Mexico, that bird was a CIA drone in disguise!

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

The page is a Brazilian aviation company and the comments are mostly in Portuguese (which I read, albeit not well) and don’t appear to mention the location. Still think that’s somewhere in the US.

Stew for dinner!

Sign in to add your message