Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Cessna T207A thoughts? (also other Cessna 2xx types)

The P.68 is not that great of a tourer in my experience. Sure, it seats six, but it’s payload allows you to take people or fuel, not both (at least on ours). Speed-wise 125KTAS at FL80 using 18USG/hour is what I see, roughly. It does have a 7.5 hour endurance with LR tanks, so there is room to trade fuel for payload.

They’re also a bit of a pain to get into as you have to squeeze between the seats to get to the cockpit, not unlike getting into your car from the back seat.

Last Edited by NickP95 at 23 Dec 09:38
EHTE, Netherlands

cessnatraveller wrote:

Why not consider a nice Partenavia P68?

Two engines = double the cost.

always learning
LO__, Austria

172driver wrote:

The rear clamshell doors have the quick-release mechanism.

Thanks, I would have never known!

always learning
LO__, Austria

Snoopy wrote:

Two engines = double the cost.

not quite.

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

Snoopy wrote: Two engines = double the cost.
not quite.

…more like 2.5~3x

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

How to find 1000 reasons not to purchase a plane? post it on EuroGA

IMO, what better utility work is there for a 206 (possibly also 207) than to haul skydivers?

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Very true except the Cessna 208 Caravan has made the 206 obsolete in this role. The 208 however has not quite replaced the 206 in the bush, hence the 206 Soloy turbine conversion.

https://www.soloy.com/8203soloy-mkii-turbine-206.html

How to find 1000 reasons not to purchase a plane? post it on EuroGA

That may be true if spending somebody else’s money. Otherwise (if spending your own money) it is better to avoid the lemons

Also, if “you” are selling the lemon then it is great if somebody buys it The “best” disaster stories rarely make it online (although we’ve had quite a few posted here) because most of the buyers want to flog the plane ASAP to somebody else.

more like 2.5~3x

There is a nontrivial explanation for that; a part of it is that – in Europe at least – twins tend to get a lot more abuse, and tend to be maintained more casually, because there is a spare engine. One well known long-term twin owner, on EuroGA too, has posted that he spends upwards of 20k a year on scheduled maintenance. For an SEP owner that would be completely nuts.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

One well known long-term twin owner, on EuroGA too, has posted that he spends upwards of 20k a year on scheduled maintenance. For an SEP owner that would be completely nuts.

Nuts indeed. I just had my most expensive year so far in 15 years of certified single engined aircraft ownership: scheduled and unscheduled maintenance combined was around $3000. I paid an A&P friend $1K in labor. In 2019 I’m doing ADS-B OUT and have already bought a GTX 335 for $2850, installation and certification will be no more than $500 but with that cost, an oil change or two and a $200 annual inspection I’ll probably beat my 2018 record even if I get the $500 FAA rebate. Still a manageable expense with N-registration, a place to tinker and A&P friends

Twins are a lot more labor but maintaining your own single engined plane is not necessarily expensive, especially if it a simple fixed gear type like most Cessnas. What is generally expensive anywhere where there are (too many) people is quality storage.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 25 Dec 10:55

Going back to the OP the FG 210 aka 205/206/207 is a good repository of value, although the asking price on the subject 207 seems somewhat optimistic.

Sign in to add your message