Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

CRM for PPL pilots ?

As with most FTOs, nearly all students are airline pilot cadets, so the name of the game is to get them used to the uniformed environment from the start. Where I am based (Shoreham, EGKA) the main FTO there does the same. They turn up in the restaurant wearing the Captain Titanic dress uniform…

What is silly is making private pilot clients wear it too.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

He did it in the States at San Diego.Full check-ride out of there. I think it may have been a Part 141 school.

I, in retrospect, think he was nervous, came on all tough pilot, did not know the aeroplane, despite me briefing him, and asking was he comfortable with the kit. Piece of cake was the reply, then set up the wrong VOR freq, and got lost on the KNS80 RNAV display/data link…….Oh, the joys of it all

Fly safe. I want this thing to land l...
EGPF Glasgow

Silvaire, these were white and drab green, velour type offerings. Soaks up the sweat apparently

EGPF Glasgow

Rhino may have some comments on the school.

Actually, I have to take back my comment on gloves – a friend who flies in unlimited aerobatic competition wears them for that kind of flying! If I flew like him I’d have to wear diapers

Last Edited by Silvaire at 19 Jun 16:30

My understanding was that the school were actually ok. Some people just like to dress the part.

I wear gloves, when displaying, Nomex ones, due to the fact that the aircraft I display has no firewall, to speak of. Every little helps.

EGPF Glasgow

Thanks a lot for the feedback! There is a lot of useful information in it….

I agree with dublinpilot that a “formal style” of MCC/SOP operation should not be necessary for flying a simple aircraft.

I will reserve some pre-flight time to discuss and get a clear understanding on things like:
- Who’s PIC
- Who’s doing what?
- Inform the other pilot what you’re doing
- Stick to your personal limits
- Keep each other in the loop

26 Posts
Sign in to add your message