Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Denmark & Sweden

Thanks for the great tips and advice guys.

The trip ended up getting postponed to a yet to be determined date. The guy from the Denmark MET office made it clear on Monday that there were no guarantees for VFR flight during the latter part of this week so we decided not to go as we all needed to be back tomorrow. In retrospect, the weather wasn’t that bad after all.

In any case, I have stored all the info that was provided here as it will prove handy in the future.

Thanks again guys!

Denmark has no compressed VFR guide as Sweden and Norway, but a mini-AIP for VFG flight called Visual Flight Guide
is freely available, with VFR approach charts and airfield maps. Also ICAO maps covering all Denmark (1:500.000) and Sectional chart with Copenhagen Area (including Roskilde, 1:250.000) are available.
(However due to an error on the Roskilde VFR approach chart that has been unresolved for almost 3 years now, that map is still not available on SkyDemon )

In Denmark, do contact Flight Information Service w callsign Copenhagen Information, on 129,47 in the west, and 127,07 in the eastern region. They are very helpful with weather, airspace status (D- and R-) and not least traffic information, and they provide discrete squawk codes. In some areas in west FIS is handled by Approach.

Last Edited by huv at 26 Jul 12:05
huv
EKRK, Denmark

Rwy20 wrote:

It’s either Statoil or Air BP now.

Statoil sold its aviation fuel distribution business to BP last year. It’s now all Air BP. This year Statoil road petrol stations in Sweden have been sold to “Circle K”.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Michael_J wrote:

There are lot of possibilities to stay in Roskilde city:

Yes, it is probably also a lot cheaper to stay in Roskilde and it is quite easy to get in to Copenhagen by train.

LFPT, LFPN

Yes for Copenhagen do go to Roskilde EKRK:
Roskilde airport

It is much cheaper and there’s both 100LL and Jet-A1.

There are lot of possibilities to stay in Roskilde city:
Roskilde city

EKRK, Denmark

Rwy20 wrote:

we rather felt as unwelcome intruders.

I think it is a little bit like that everywhere. You need to break the ice… I had the same experience last summer although I was a member of both clubs and got my PPL there 20-some years ago. Fortunately some familiar faces also did turn up.

LFPT, LFPN

Aviathor wrote:

If you need fuel they have both 100LL and Jet-A1 (Air BP card).

I don’t remember exactly which one it is now, but they have switched last summer. It’s either Statoil or Air BP now. Since we had neither, we needed help any way (which wasn’t easy to find) so that’s why I don’t remember any more which card is the right one now. If you believe their website, it’s Air BP, but is it up to date? I would definitely recommend to call ahead and ask.

I confirm that you find very helpful people on the airfield, but on the two occasions when we walked into the clubhouse we rather felt as unwelcome intruders. Which may well be due to the selection of people you find there at the time, no different in my aeroclub.

Last Edited by Rwy20 at 25 Jul 11:15

Alex_ wrote:

@boscomantico I am also planning a trip for the first week in August. I have a quote for Oslo which seemed ok at just under 200euro for three days with handeling.

@Alex_ For Oslo do not go into ENGM (Gardermoen) unless you really need to. Getting from the GA terminal to the train station (or to Oslo) is a drag and is expensive. No reason to pay 200 € when you can land at ENKJ for a lot less and experience the Norwegian club scene . ENKJ (Kjeller) is in walking distance from the Lillestrøm train station, or there is a bus stop just outside the airfield gate and the bus will take you to the train station.

You can even get an IFR departure clearance from Oslo APP on the ground at ENKJ, which is yet another reason not to go to ENGM.

If you need fuel they have both 100LL and Jet-A1 (Air BP card). If you do not have an Air BP card, you may be able to arrange fuel with one of the two aeroclubs, or Kjeller Aero Senter. You need a PPR from Kjeller Aero Senter, but that is AFAIK just a formality.

Last Edited by Aviathor at 25 Jul 09:23
LFPT, LFPN

If your intention is to head further up north in Sweden than just the most southern parts, I would definitely recommend a visit to Stegeborg, about 60-70 NM south of Stockholm(http://www.stegeborg.se/en/flygfalt.php). It is a nice grass strip with beautiful surroundings. There is a hotel and a nice restaurant in the vicinity. You should go there!

ESSZ, Sweden

ThreePoint, you can read about the charges here: https://www.swedavia.se/Global/Swedavia/Flygmarknad/Pricelist_Less_than_5700kg_1APRIL.pdf

Page 9 describes the weekly card!

17 Posts
Sign in to add your message