Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EASA-FAA FCL treaty indefinitely postponed (or maybe not)

Following this thread, the current draft of the BASA is only focused on Private licences (with additional class and instrument rating)
Nothing yet on Commercial or Airline transport Pilot licence (or I have the wrong version of the text ?)

LFPT Pontoise, LFPB

chflyer wrote:

I read that as meaning one only needs 10hrs IFR time in Europe. So if one doesn’t have the 50hrs IFR time, then flying around Europe IFR for 10hrs will meet the requirement,

Those 10hrs help to avoid the “acclimatization flying” in an ATO (whatever this will turn out to be).

With less than 50hrs IFR PIC, however, you still need to do the written IR skill test (which is the main reason why many IFR applicants flee into the US).

Germany

If this is real, it is likely that the FAA released it somewhere (or it got leaked) before EASA was going to release it.

That happened before a few times on this BASA treaty project.

It is likely that Brussels is keen to throw other stuff into the negotiation bucket while they are at it. In past years they were throwing in stuff like EU airlines operating within the US which obviously wasn’t going to fly, so to speak.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I have kept an eye on the website referred to above and there is some new text there now:

To me, the highlighted text reads like a load of waffle.

“However, it is not a question of mutual recognition, but of facilitating the rewriting of EASA-FAA and vice versa. According to the previously known designs, for example”

is meaningless, especially when right above it he wrote

“A freshly acquired PPL, instrument or multi engine rating can be immediately converted into an EASA license”.

The final paragraph describes the old process, whose more recent instalment – for the UK – is here. Other countries have either done something similar, or done nothing.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
84 Posts
Sign in to add your message