Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EDAY Strausberg NOTAM advice - LPV suspended

Arne wrote:

The important part about the IFR procedures at EDAY is to obtain the PPR from Bremen ACC

eddsPeter wrote:

And only two aircraft the hour are accepted.

I would guess the reason is that all arrivals, missed approaches and departures have to use the same corridor between the airport and RENKI?

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Airborne_Again wrote:

I would guess the reason is that all arrivals, missed approaches and departures have to use the same corridor between the airport and RENKI?

The main issue is this approach is vertically under the operations of the big airport EDDB so everything has to be coordinated with them. Thus, they try to limit the traffic to keep the workload for those controllers under control. The exact same applies to EDAZ which works with the same PPR rules on the other side of Berlin.

But in real lif ethe problem is not as bad as it is discussed here. In many years of flying in and out of EDAZ I had very little problems with this PPR. It is just annoying, one more phone call to do, but not a real restriction. Just everybody avoid CAVOK IFR approaches into those airports. This creates workload for the controllers, disrupts the VFR traffic flow etc. Only use them if really required or once for training purposes.

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ
42 Posts
Sign in to add your message