Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

ELLX as a fuel stop

Hi,
I would like to stop at ELLX to pick up JET-A1. What is the latest procedure for a quick turn around fuel stop? I read somewhere that I have to sign up somewhere so I can pay the landing fee independently of the handling agent. And what kind of payment is accepted by the fuel truck?

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

Sebastian: it is a while back, but there was (is?) an option to once pay some extra money once to put your aircraft on some kind of register, then thereafter you pay way less for landing if you only go there to refuel. Which means, you can land, walk over to the GA terminal, but not leave the GA terminal for the city or the main terminal. Also, my experience is that some creditcards can not be used at the fixed fuel pump, but you could give it a try. If you refuel with the fuel truck, you can walk over to the GA terminal to pay in cash or with creditcard.

OK. This information might not be the latest as I can’t remember that I have been there in the last year to (only) refuel.

EDLE, Netherlands

We pay the fuel there with the Total fuel card from the fuel truck. About the cheapest in Europe. I remember from AVGAS days that paying with credit card from the pump can be a major PIA as AeroPlus already wrote. About landing fees I don’t know, we use a handling agent who will send an invoice.

EDDS - Stuttgart

As far as I know, you don’t need handling and can get a subscription by paying 50 euro extra (or something like it). After that, you can come in basically for free if you want to just come in for fuel. For the exact details, you would have to call the GA office there. Agreed, it is cheap fuel and open 24/7 (?).

EDLE, Netherlands

I got Avgas from the fixed pump at P5 two weeks ago. Payment by credit card worked fine, but was limited to 45 EUR at a time. But you could charge the same card multiple times and start up the pump again. Price was 1.62 € IIRC.

Unfortunately I don’t have information to contribute about Jet A1 or handling, which is why I didn’t post first.

Even if you have to pay. Basic private handling is about €50. Fuel is super cheap. I use UVAir.

EGTK Oxford
6 Posts
Sign in to add your message