Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

FAA IR and UK IR combined - training suggestions

Qalupalik wrote:

Will message you in about 48 hours. Or send me a Telegram message on +1 778 420 1020.

@Qalupalik, for some reason can’t find you on Telegram. When you can, please send me a message. A Part 141 US IR seems a good option.

EGSU, United Kingdom

Silvaire wrote:

114 F or 46 C

Winter is it then :)

EGSU, United Kingdom

Er, 402 instead of 420.

Use @qalupalik for Telegram.

London, United Kingdom

Hi Fernando,

If you want to meet up and chat then let me know. I often pop to SU for a cup of tea and wander around. I can take you through how I did it – accepting things have changed in four years … – but I can also talk about what we’re doing with my son and the great instructor we use here – in our SR22; so pretty similar.

Just let me know

J

Pig
If only I’d known that….
EGSH. Norwich. , United Kingdom

@pig, that would be fantastic! Please let me know the next time you come to SU. I’m usually fairly available, and I live very close to the airfield. Tea is on me :)

EGSU, United Kingdom

@Fernando, let me know what you end up doing.

I am potentially interested in a IR(R) > US IR > CBIR route.

Lee
Barton EGCB, United Kingdom

@lee that’s my plan at the moment. I’m already into step 1.

After a really insteresting chat with a member of EuroGa, I also discovered another way – IR(R) optional → Canadian IR (apparently easier/cheaper than the the US) → converstion to US IR via one flight examination and then CBIR route.

For now, I’m tempted with the sequence you mentioned.

EGSU, United Kingdom

Managed to achieve Stage 1 last week. Just need to build up some hours now and do whatever conversion is required to get to CBIR.

Lee
Lee
19 Posts
Sign in to add your message