Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

FAA IR conversion to EASA IR (CB IR)

Regarding your question about the night rating: A CPL(A) does automatically include a night rating, as the training course does include the five hours night training (if you don’t already have one) as per Appendix 3 to Part-FCL.

Did I understand you correctly in that you have completed all of the training for the CPL(A), including the skill test, and are asking Austrocontrol to use this for the issue of the License?

If yes, it should come with SEP(land) on it, because I assume your skill test has been done in one.

It might be easier to get a SE IR first, to keep your ATPL credit from expiring. The regs only say you have to hold an IR, not necessarily a multi engine one.

Do you already know the region you want to move to?

EDXN, ETMN, Germany

Peter wrote:

There are many past threads on this topic – examples

Sure but none of those threads cover a case of a student who did his ME-IR training while in EASA, who has an EASA ATO ME-IR course completion certificate, who tested while in EASA and who then had his licence become non-EASA at a later date…

EDDW, Germany

CharlieRomeo wrote:

Did I understand you correctly in that you have completed all of the training for the CPL(A), including the skill test, and are asking Austrocontrol to use this for the issue of the License?

I completed the training for CPL(A), together with course completion certificate, but I have NOT tested yet.
All training (and the ST will be) performed in SEP(land).

I am intending on using the same CPL(A) skills test, in the UK, with a dual UK/EASA approved examiner, to apply for both UK and EASA CPL licences.

CharlieRomeo wrote:
Do you already know the region you want to move to?

There are several possibilities: Spain, Poland or Germany at the moment.

EDDW, Germany

This one may be related ?

But basically isn’t it the ICAO IR to CB IR conversion route – example.

I also think that something may happen one day on this, because shafting pilots who did their training fully IAW EASA requirements in this way is manifestly unjust.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

Do we have a clear thread here describing the BASA FAA IR to Euro IR route which avoids the 50hrs IFR PIC?

In a nutshell, for the SEP-IR (assuming you have < 50 hrs IFR-PIC, otherwise it is basically the CB-IR-based conversion process):

• Provide a verification letter and proof of currency to your CAA
  • Take a written test in Air Law (010), Flight Planning and Monitoring (033) and Communications (092). Achieve at least 75% in all three subjects
  • Take a Skill Test with an IRE(A)

In case you have less than 10 hours of IFR PIC-time in European airspace, you need to do acclimatization flying with an ATO. The ATO determines the amount of training necessary.

Last Edited by tschnell at 27 Oct 21:09
Friedrichshafen EDNY

Worth noting that the above ATO requirement exists if you do not have the 50hrs PIC IFR. If you do have the 50hrs then you can do it all “freelance”, and it avoids the risk of the ATO “milking you” for “training as necessary”.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

Worth noting that the above ATO requirement exists if you do not have the 50hrs PIC IFR
If you have less than 50 hrs IFR-PIC, but more than 10 hrs IFR-PIC in European airspace, you do not need an ATO either.
Friedrichshafen EDNY
57 Posts
Sign in to add your message