Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Night flying UK

I can say, with certainty, that Stansted and Gatwick are open H24. A few snippets from my logbook (local times):

Stansted: 0115, 0225, 0300, 0305, 0210
Gatwick: 0140, 0300, 0325, 0410, 0240

However, like many other airfields they tend to undertake a lot of (scheduled) maintenance work during quiet hours.
Fly safely
Various UK. Operate throughout Europe and Middle East, United Kingdom

Who would I call to arrange a night landing there, and a departure the following day (in daytime)?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

Who would I call to arrange a night landing there, and a departure the following day (in daytime)?

Inflight Jet Centre, but its likely to cost 4 figures, however for that you may get a heated hanger for the night!

It’s probably best to start with ACL (https://www.acl-uk.org/airport-info-details/?aid=9) who arrange landing/departure slots. There’s a bit of a catch 22 here as ACL will sometimes not issue slots without having a designated handler……..

Fly safely

OK here we go… are you sitting down?

This is Gatwick EGKK.

I called that coordination office. You have to get slots first, and I was given 01293569000 which turns out to be Signature! They are very happy to do business. Right now we are off-peak which makes everything at Gatwick really cheap.

Handling £700 (add 50% if you turn up between 2230 and 0700)
Airport charge – landing £246
Airport charge – takeoff £246
Immigration and security £275
Something I forgot £250
Slot booking £60 (is this place run by fraport??)
Parking £28/hour

So about £1800 for a 1400kg TB20, unless you arrive at night in which case add £350. All plus VAT.

This has gone up 3x since somebody did it just for a laugh and to get the logbook entry, 5-10 years ago.

Signature are the only handler there now. Harrods Handling is gone, apparently.

So I would definitely check Stansted pricing before flying there because it could be similar

Administrator

Beats the £4K you would pay at Heathrow. :)

Fly safely

Dave_Phillips wrote:

Beats the £4K you would pay at Heathrow.

Ha, I once asked for the fun of it. Try £10k.

EGTK Oxford

Yes but a twin jet would pay more than a TB20…

I know a CJ4 pays £3500 at Gatwick. It goes there as a diversion only if necessary.

Administrator

Peter wrote:

Yes but a twin jet would pay more than a TB20…

At TB20 cant go there. That is essentiallly the base price most of which is not handling.

EGTK Oxford

I had this discussion with the initial Gatwick contact; he said singles (or piston GA) aren’t allowed at Gatwick. Then I told him they are banned only at Heathrow and London City – unless something has changed very recently.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message