Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Regular route will not now validate - EGBE-EGBJ

Rob2701 wrote:

What does SRD stand for?

SRD: Standard Route Document (UK only) and looks like you were able to find it.

Hm, I was able to validate the following without errors for my aircraft with is a DA40:

EGBE N0135F120 KIDLI N859 CPT Y321 PEPIS Q41 SAM N63 LELNA GUR1Y EGJB

What aircraft type are you validating the route for?

The validator seems to assume that you somehow need to descend early as N63’s lowest available level is FL120.

Last Edited by wbardorf at 07 Dec 19:03
EGTF, EGLK, United Kingdom

Aircraft is a Cirrus SR22T. I’ve set up RNAV1 and that won’t validate.

EGBE (COVENTRY, UK)

Tried again with that route it it still won’t validate.

EGBE (COVENTRY, UK)

They are separating traffic flows up and back and similar has happened for flights into and out of Dutch airspace.

It is rather odd that the following FPL string validates for me (for a DA40)

(FPL-N799DS-IG
-DA40/L-SGRY/S
-EGBE1201
-N0140F120 KIDLI N859 CPT Y321 PEPIS Q41 SAM N63 LELNA GUR1Y
-EGJB0120
-PBN/A1B2C2D2L1O2S1 DOF/181208
-E/0530 P/2 R/VE A/WHITE WITH BLACK AND GREY STRIPES
C/XXX)

but NOT for an SR22 or SR22T (the PBN codes might not be correct as I have a non-WAAS GPS and you probably have a WAAS GPS but not sure whether that makes any difference in this case):

(FPL-N799DS-IG
-SR22/L-SGRY/S
-EGBE1201
-N0140F120 KIDLI N859 CPT Y321 PEPIS Q41 SAM N63 LELNA GUR1Y
-EGJB0120
C/XXX)

Someone with knowledge of the IFPS validation algorithm and/or aircraft performance tables like Achim would need to comment on this…

Last Edited by wbardorf at 08 Dec 11:09

It would be interesting to play with the PBN/ string and see what, if any, difference this makes. Historically this made no difference whatsoever, nor was it ever validated for plausibility against the aircraft type.

The aircraft type is a potentially different thing in that Eurocontrol may be using their perf profile to reject the FP.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

The SRD route just validated in AR by using its built in aircraft a PA28 Arrow…..

N0130F120 KIDLI N859 CPT Y321 PEPIS Q41 SAM N63 LELNA GUR1Y

So why wont my SR22T validate???

EGBE (COVENTRY, UK)

This from Achim…..

This has to do with how Eurocontrol thinks a SR22 climbs/descends. It’s often not realistic but there is no way around the profiler. The error message is not from autorouter but from Eurocontrol.

There must be a work around for this???

EGBE (COVENTRY, UK)

A workaround would be to file the following:

(FPL-N799DS-IG
-SR22/L-SGRY/S
-EGBE1553
-N0140F120 KIDLI N859 CPT Y321 PEPIS Q41 SAM DCT THRED DCT LELNA
GUR1Y
-EGJB0120
C/XXX)

In reality, ATC will anyway route you tactically and this is a route which is almost identical.

This from Achim…..

With EuroGA having by far the biggest quality audience of any aviation forum in Europe, it is a bit of a joke for any potential Autorouter licensee (all of whom are on here) to see his carefully cultivated “invisibility” here 6 disappearances in 6 years.

This has to do with how Eurocontrol thinks a SR22 climbs/descends. It’s often not realistic but there is no way around the profiler. The error message is not from autorouter but from Eurocontrol.

Interesting my guess wasn’t far off. However, there is a lot of leeway on the Eurocontrol perf models. Maybe tweak the filed TAS a bit?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message