Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Regular route will not now validate - EGBE-EGBJ

I’ve tried changing the, but that was a no go.

EGBE (COVENTRY, UK)

@wbardorf I’ve just tried your workaround in AR…..

N0180F120 KIDLI N859 CPT Y321 PEPIS Q41 SAM DCT THRED DCT LELNA
GUR1Y

It’s validated ok. Thanks for your efforts. Looks like we just needed legitimately get to LELNA

EGBE (COVENTRY, UK)

I have found another workaround to fix the descent profile issue for the SR22T, which has been to add the following entry to the RMK section of the flight plan to tell the IFPS vertical profile generator where you start to descend, i.e. telling it that you wouldn’t start the descent until at least LELNA:

(FPL-N799DS-IG
-S22T/L-SGRY/S
-EGBE1018
-N0140F120 KIDLI N859 CPT Y321 PEPIS Q41 SAM N63 LELNA GUR1Y
-EGJB0120
-PBN/A1B2C2D2L1O2S1 DOF/181209 RMK/TOD:D152F120T0105
-E/0530 P/2 R/VE A/WHITE WITH BLACK AND GREY STRIPES
C/XXX)

This entry tells the IFPS validator that your TOD will be at FL120 and cumulative 152 NM from the point of origin which in this case is just after LELNA. As a result, there is no longer a descent below MEA assumed before LELNA. With this added remark, your flight plan passes the validation now.

Last Edited by wbardorf at 09 Dec 07:41
EGTF, EGLK, United Kingdom

I have just tried that in AR by manually entering the route and adding that text in the RMK section but it didn’t validate if for me. I think the easiest workaround was SAM DCT THRED DCT LELNA.

Last Edited by Rob2701 at 09 Dec 09:56
EGBE (COVENTRY, UK)

The method shown here should work, but you don’t get any “protection” from the validation process, so better check enroute notams etc. It is a way of getting a FP into the system so you can depart, and you deal with whatever happens down the route.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Rob2701 wrote:

I have just tried that in AR by manually entering the route and adding that text in the RMK section but it didn’t validate if for me.

As far as I remember AR calculates its own TOD for filing purposes, also not sure what it sends to the IFPS validation engine to check the validation, so maybe neither of the would be compatible.

I have tried the EuroFPL validator as I normally file flight plans via EuroFPL and also the Eurocontrol validator at https://www.public.nm.eurocontrol.int/PUBPORTAL/gateway/spec/index.html (search for “Free Text Editor” under the “Flight Planning” section on the right) and both validated the FPL string from above.

The easy workaround for you is of course the one using the DCT waypoints but I wanted to look for a way to tell the IFPS algorithm the descent profile and it seems to work with the additional TOD entry in the RMK section.

Last Edited by wbardorf at 09 Dec 15:02
EGTF, EGLK, United Kingdom
26 Posts
Sign in to add your message