Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

SEP/IR Rating revalidation

I’m looking for some advice on revalidating my IR on the SEP class. When I first completed the IR as an integrated student it was attached to the MEP class, on my licence as MEP/IR. I also had the IR(R) issued at the same time as my course completion saw my original JAR PPL + IMC converted to an EASA licence. The MEP has long since lapsed and the IR(R) has not been revalidated.

My licence is current with SEP and A320/IR/LV/PBN. I understand from a brief chat with the CAA that my IR can be revalidated on SEP, but I can’t find much on what would be involved or where I could do this.

Can anybody offer any insight on what may be required? If so, any suggestions on where I could do this? South East UK is preferable (Shoreham, Goodwood, maybe Redhill, Biggin, Bournemouth) but suggestions further afield are welcome.

Thanks.

Gatwick, Goodwood

No problem, just find a IRE and do the IR reval on a single. If you want to use it ME at some later date you can then do the reval on a Multi and retain the Single priviledge as well.

Thanks, that sounds remarkably simple, and there are a few places that seem to offer IR renewal and revalidation not too far away. I guess the renewal takes the form of a IR flight test with an airways join, holding, precision and non-precision approaches? Does the aircraft need approved screens or is a hood sufficient? (i.e. can it be flown in an aircraft I provide or will it need to be a “school” aircraft.)

Gatwick, Goodwood

I know a guy who was a retired airline pilot and who did his SE IR at the FTO which is at Shoreham. Whether they will do it today I don’t know; I know they would not do mine (2011) because I wanted to use my own plane. I eventually did it at another FTO at Shoreham which is now gone, but I believe it may still exist at Redhill.

I do know a very good IRE who works freelance. He does my EASA IR (and PPL and IMCR and…) revals. PM me if that’s of value.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
4 Posts
Sign in to add your message