Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

SEP/IR Rating revalidation

I know a guy who was a retired airline pilot and who did his SE IR at the FTO which is at Shoreham. Whether they will do it today I don’t know; I know they would not do mine (2011) because I wanted to use my own plane. I eventually did it at another FTO at Shoreham which is now gone, but I believe it may still exist at Redhill.

I do know a very good IRE who works freelance. He does my EASA IR (and PPL and IMCR and…) revals. PM me if that’s of value.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Thanks, that sounds remarkably simple, and there are a few places that seem to offer IR renewal and revalidation not too far away. I guess the renewal takes the form of a IR flight test with an airways join, holding, precision and non-precision approaches? Does the aircraft need approved screens or is a hood sufficient? (i.e. can it be flown in an aircraft I provide or will it need to be a “school” aircraft.)

Gatwick, Goodwood

No problem, just find a IRE and do the IR reval on a single. If you want to use it ME at some later date you can then do the reval on a Multi and retain the Single priviledge as well.

I’m looking for some advice on revalidating my IR on the SEP class. When I first completed the IR as an integrated student it was attached to the MEP class, on my licence as MEP/IR. I also had the IR(R) issued at the same time as my course completion saw my original JAR PPL + IMC converted to an EASA licence. The MEP has long since lapsed and the IR(R) has not been revalidated.

My licence is current with SEP and A320/IR/LV/PBN. I understand from a brief chat with the CAA that my IR can be revalidated on SEP, but I can’t find much on what would be involved or where I could do this.

Can anybody offer any insight on what may be required? If so, any suggestions on where I could do this? South East UK is preferable (Shoreham, Goodwood, maybe Redhill, Biggin, Bournemouth) but suggestions further afield are welcome.

Thanks.

Gatwick, Goodwood
4 Posts
Sign in to add your message