Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Free route airspace in Czechia

I can only advise to have a close look a the AIP in the ENR tables the FRA restrictions are published when working e.g with autorouter as these have been coded in the eurocontrol route proposals you recieve. This can be exit, entry, intermediate or any combination, time, altitude, Flight level etc. on a point. The whole purpose is to have more direct routes. The interesting point will be if the RAD (route) restrictions will now be followed by FRA point restrictions….For a long time I was having trouble to leave Hungarian airspace due to some missing exit points on the NW Hungarian Airspace. This has been resolved now. I still request short cuts and mostly get them :-). If the military fly you still can encounter a problem that your routing is far from straight line….

All details and how to publish :
https://www.eurocontrol.int/sites/default/files/2020-11/eurocontrol-ernip-part1.pdf

page 154

EBST

Poland also has a limited implementation already in place called POLFRA – anything above FL95 is FRA.

Last Edited by tmo at 11 Jan 11:43
tmo
EPKP - Kraków, Poland

172driver wrote:

Ha! So the Austro-Hungarian empire has gone free flight. Who would have thunk it !

Except the outskirts – Croatia and Bosnia

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

It’s a no-brainer in pratice. See here for the Austrian chart. As you can see, there are border points available for entry, for exit, or both to/from the FRA.

Based on your departure or destination, your routing program will select the shortest possible combination of entry and exit points and put the DCT in between. As usual, clearances are as filed. Of course, during the flight, ATC will steer you. The flightplan mostly only has NORDO purposes in Europe.

LO_ENR_6_8_en_pdf local copy

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

So what would a FPL or a clearance look like in pure free route airspace ? I am unable to grasp the practical aspects of this great-looking concept.

LFOU, France

Peter wrote:

This is amazing!

Been like this for years in Austria and Slovenia (SAXFRA – Slovenian Austrian Cross Border Free Route Airspace).

You can easily see the regions on an ifr enroute chart, those without airways are free route.

always learning
LO__, Austria

Emir wrote:

172driver wrote: I’m only following this from afar, but am I right in saying that now Austria, Czechia and Hungary have gone free route ?

Yes.

Ha! So the Austro-Hungarian empire has gone free flight. Who would have thunk it !

Yes; LKPR has only a few of those

Also, if one takes the whole airspace volume below say FL180, CAT traffic makes transitions to/from the SID/STAR terminators way away from these procedures.

This is why it would be great to see actual examples of what routes people get.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

You won’t actually get any DCT though, like you usually can in the US. ATC will still want traffic in certain places, for separation etc.

For SID/STAR exit/entry points, yes, and of course points where you enter and leave the FRA, but not otherwise. That’s the whole point of free route airspace.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

You won’t actually get any DCT though, like you usually can in the US. ATC will still want traffic in certain places, for separation etc.

This is regardless of what route IFPS validates, which is what my earlier comment was about. The successful validation doesn’t need to have much of a relationship to what you can fly on the day.

We need a new thread where people can post examples of routes they filed and flew, in these “FRA” countries.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
23 Posts
Sign in to add your message