Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Youngest woman around the world (Zara Rutherford)

Peter wrote:

OK, but then you need a permit from almost every country. I would love to know how these were obtained on the last flight. Must have taken ages.

I’m pretty sure that most countries involved have no clue about the difference between a UL/Microlight/whatever it’s called and a Cessna.

I’m pretty sure that most countries involved have no clue about the difference between a UL/Microlight/whatever it’s called and a Cessna.

The Cessna will need “overfly permit” (or landing & cruising permit) in most of the countries visited or overflown but it won’t need “aircraft permit” as it’s on COFA

Likely there was no extra “UL/ULM permit”, people fly them without and it’s likely the case of Zara RTW, you just waive your overflying permit like it’s a Cessna

Last Edited by Ibra at 18 Feb 19:25
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Ibra wrote:

you just waive your overflying permit like it’s a Cessna

My point exactly !

Not really the answer to the Q though, is it? We all know it can be done that way. The non-certified community has been doing this for decades.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Surprisingly the Guinness “Round the World” regulations seem to have no definitions of “Male” and “Female”. Some US swimming organisations have updated their specifications.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

I don’t see the problem. You follow the AIP and that’s it.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

I checked, but the AIP also does not have a definition of “Male” and “Female”.

SNCR.

Biggin Hill

Permits are (of course) requested of all countries along the route, and yes, it’s a lot of paperwork.

The authorities know the difference between an ICAO compliant aircraft and a non-compliant aircraft. It’s kind of their bread and butter, after all!

I would say: go for it!

Hats off for @Sam_Rutherford: for supporting his children to aim for the stars.

EDLE, Netherlands

Mr Rutherford demanded his “account” is removed. I did not ask why. Accordingly, PMs and notifications will not reach him because the forwarding address is gone.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
This thread is locked. This means you can't add a response.
Sign in to add your message