Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

LGIO RNP Z 32 - vertical profile, and how can avionics fly this?

The approach does not contain LNAV/VNAV or LPV service levels

How one can guess this for LGIO RNP32 using GTN?

It is shown as LNAV(Z) & LPV(Y) selection in navigator but has LNAV & LNAV/VNAV minima in plates !

I know it’s bonker as Garmin needs to rename it RNP32 in DB selection while the annunciations (possible choices are LNAV, LNAV+V, L/VNAV, LPV, LOI) need to be used in conjunction with plates minima (only LNAV/VNAV, LNAV are listed)

PS: edit, I figure it out, missed and circling are different: CTL it is not allowed with RNP Y but it seems ok for RNP Z, maybe the reason why they split for two pages of plates?

Last Edited by Ibra at 22 Sep 21:26
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Snoopy wrote:

It must be a GPS-approved approach.
There must be a non-zero vertical angle for the approach.
A valid geoid height for the runway must exist.
The approach does not contain LNAV/VNAV or LPV service levels.
Additionally, the unit must have a SBAS (WAAS, EGNOS, GAGAN or MSAS) signal of sufficient integrity. This means the GPS Status page must show “3D Diff Nav”.

I agree with most of this on the GNS and GTN, except at the most current software version the GTN does not require to be in an SBAS service volume. The GTN and the Avidyne 540 will provide LNAV+V when outside the SBAS service volume where adequate vertical integrity is not available, Hawaii has several approaches that used to not provide +V because the WAAS integrity was not adequate, but now these procedures will show +V on the GTN. After all, +V is just advisory and almost any path between the FAF and the MDA will be safe. This is incorporated as an option in the latest version of the C146 TSO. On the GTN you can even disable the SBAS and it will still provide +V. With the GTNxi, the approach can be a VOR approach and still get +V in the current software.

The US coded about 70 procedures with a VDA of zero degrees and they would not provide +V, but all of these procedures have been updated and the database no longer has entries with a zero degree VDA.

KUZA, United States
42 Posts
Sign in to add your message