Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

What have you done with, or on your aircraft, this week-end? (2-3 December 2023)

For sure; the strainer and the oil filter would have had enough stuff to reconstruct the camshaft serial number

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Having weathered the heavy winter period in Ancona (nice airport and affordable), we flew back yesterday. Biggest issue were the snow walls after clearing and the path to the hangar…
Flight itself was impressive. OAT down to -16deg, engine worked fine, so did the heating..

EDM_, Germany

We did nothing with the aircraft. Instead we patched holes in the hangar roof while the weather was calm enough! I’ve also done my BGA ARC signatory course, so some time in 2024 I should be able to sign off the ARC on our part 21 gliders, once I’ve done a couple of supervised ARC renewals.

Hopefully it’s not all for naught, there’s another threat of losing our airfield, but that is going to be probably at least 3-4 years off yet.

Last Edited by alioth at 05 Dec 09:26
Andreas IOM

Went up for a local to do some hand flying ILS practice for my IR reval.

We are getting only about 1 in 10 days as flyable, for maybe a day trip.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

boscomantico wrote:

Here in the slightly west-southwesterly parts of Germany, very little snow has fallen….

Thanks for sharing those pictures! The region you flew on, and particularly the Horningsrinde, is on my route when I fly to Alsace, to visit friends, family, or simply my beloved native region. In the last 2 years, destinations somewhere in Alsace represented close to half of all travels I undertook with “Emmie”.

Coming back to “what did I do with my aircraft” last weekend, as well as a couple weekends before (and possibly several more to come): look with envy at my flying pictures of last summer and dream… Bosco, your pics contributed to that! :)

etn
EDQN, Germany

FZFG so we took another of my son’s birthday presents to fly in a field. The motor is powerful but unfortunately it doesn’t fly amazingly well

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

finally found the screenshot I was looking for a week ago…

A view from our webcam, pointed towards the hangars (100m away), no one flying… yet

Temps have gone up considerably as I write these lines, and precips have turned to liquid…

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland
17 Posts
Sign in to add your message