Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

What have you done with, or on your aircraft the weekend of Feb 03-03 2024

@johnh you should play around with Aeroweb, there are a lot of nice features and it is improving all the time.
I particularly like the radiosondage or skewT and comparing it with the radar images.

France

Glad to see you guys up and running!
@greg_mp great pics and great envy (on my part).
@Dan how’re your enjoying your new avionics?
@Emir hope you can sort it out with no hassle, but you are right: when figuring whether to divert for tech reasons, it is not so much whether you can safely complete your flight as to what situation you will find yourself in after completion of the flight. That is also the logic we apply for AOC ops.

As to myself I am grounded for the foreseeable couple of months…aircraft grounded for extensive annual inspection and work not forthcoming since major source of manpower (self) has also been unavailable for several weeks for unplanned and unrelated reasons. Now having to re-arrange the plan for getting back airborne! I may have to hitch a ride with one of the local EuroGA members one of these days…

Antonio
LESB, Spain

@Emir hope you can sort it out with no hassle, but you are right: when figuring whether to divert for tech reasons, it is not so much whether you can safely complete your flight as to what situation you will find yourself in after completion of the flight.

Already confirmed by mechanic – it’s nothing, like the last time. However, I’ll be away from plane for 3 weeks, finishing my Saab 340 type rating.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Thanks greg for the pictures and the story about your flying day !

LFOU, France

greg_mp wrote:

but still pure french production (means no spec, no help, just oral transmission of know how…

After choosing “coupe trajet”, point out your route, one click at departure, double click at destination.
A panel will appear on the right.
Click on the blue question mark at the top and you’ll reach the manual (downloadable) that tells you all about what’s drawn on the chart (French only).

Aeroweb site is kinda complex, but I agree many interesting features are found here.
Michel

LFLG - Grenoble le Versoud, France

@how’re your enjoying your new avionics?

Thanks for asking @Antonio (and great to hear from you).
The avionics are performing super good, and brought me to LEMU today, heading towards your island tomorrow Tuesday for lunch at LESL

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

Excellent photos greg_mp. I do like Dan’s clock tower too

I’m still chasing a repair estimate for the insurer to approve. Frustrating.

In the meantime I’ve put 2kg of silica gel on the instrument panel, in addition to the calcium chloride dehumidifier already in the baggage compartment. I also removed the DME and ADF to store at home warm and dry.

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

I did my last IR training flights this weekend. Now I’m scheduled for the exam. Waiting for the date. Fingers crossed.

Training conditions were quite challenging. Wind forecast 55 to 65 knots. Did holdings with 60 knots crosswind. Flown WCA was 30 degrees, so if outbound leg is flown with 3 × WCA you get stuck. Estimated that 2 × WCA is about right under these conditions. Had some IMC, lots of turbulence, flown in lee waves of the Spessart (maybe 400 meters ridge altitude) where the autopilot had his work to maintain altitude, and did some real fun landings, 19 knots cross gusting 35. I put all of the landings right on the centerline.

To top the experience we did all the return flights back to homebase at night.

Last Edited by UdoR at 06 Feb 16:09
Germany

Good job ! Sounds like a workout !
I am interested by the ground tracks of those holds

Last Edited by Jujupilote at 06 Feb 16:18
LFOU, France

greg_mp wrote:

AFPM general meeting of year 2024

Was there any news regarding the 6-mo qual de site recurring requirement?

Antonio
LESB, Spain
Sign in to add your message