Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

What have you done with, or on your aircraft, this weekend? (25-26 May 2024)

A little premature but… I flew it! (my plane that is). May not seem like a big deal, but the last time was on 18th November, when it went in for what I expected to be a two-week annual.

Just a short flight since the weather around Cuers was not great. The last thing I wanted was to go to say Avignon for lunch and then have convective weather over Provence and not be able to get back (has already happened to me). No pictures in flight since I was busy keeping an eye on how my new engine was doing, not to mention negotiating the tricky airspace.

LFMD, France

johnh wrote:

A little premature but… I flew it! (my plane that is). May not seem like a big deal, but the last time was on 18th November, when it went in for what I expected to be a two-week annual.

Well good to see her back with you, she is a beauty, and I can sort of understand your sensitiveness, makes sense, but so happy to hear you went flying on her again. Best wishes forward.

Last Edited by Yeager at 24 May 21:45
Socata Rallye MS.893E
Portugal

hadn’t flown for 10 days 🙈
Blew the spiders webs off my steed today, and went ummegurcke (kinda loiter) in the Alps. The Jungfraujoch just free of clouds but filled with tourists, later around the Highest (0 wind at FL160 and no turb in the Alps today 👍🏻), and some cliffs around the Bockmattli.

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

Always beautiful

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Cheers @Peter 🙂
OTOH I’m sure you set off to some island looking as exotic to my eyes as those mountains do to you…

Dan
LSZF, Switzerland

A flying day in the mountains of north Savoye. Tiring flight training around Valloire AS (that one is very tight, no return point when you turn base…), Meribel LFKX, Courchevel LFLJ, a Lunch stop on the beautiful Mayere Altisurface with the kind owners of the refuge, eating in Front of the Mont Blanc we just flew around. Then the trip back to Cannes stepped by Megeve LFHM (under a shower), l’Alpes d’Huez LFHU, and an amusing lasr leg between glider places and « Cunimb » before the long final 17 at LFMD. We landed on grass :D.

LFMD, France

Magic balade @greg_mp has that Rallye had the nose strut heightened? From some of the photos it seems to sit more like a taildragger than the Rallyes I have flown in the past.

France

The front damper is just brand new :D with fresh oil from socata, more expensive than gold.
This one has also a few tricks for mountain flying and very rough surface, like a very low idle and I suppore higher pressure on the front damper, that is more fragile. This one takes a lot of shocks during takeoff course.

Last Edited by greg_mp at 26 May 08:37
LFMD, France

hey @greg_mp cool 👍🏻
And we almost met since I was loitering around the tallest around 12z…

Dan
LSZF, Switzerland

Nice, but we ride the traditionnal “Mont Blanc” tour a bit earlier from 11h15 local (at glacier du Tour), then glacier de l’Argentière, then Mer de Glace, Grandes Jorasses and Glacier du Tacul, cutting through to a 360 around the Aiguille du midi at 11h25. At 12z, we were pre-flighting to Mege that was under a nice rain shower.
The Surrounding of the whole massif was scattered with clouds, it was great!

LFMD, France
25 Posts
Sign in to add your message