Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

What's wrong here?

No; it’s not the bad rudder trim

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

The vertical speed is quite low (big in absolute terms but negative) for this attitude and speed?

ELLX

Your gear is not down?

Or else, your rate of descent is 200-300ft/min in excess of what it should be for that approach (Lydd, ILS 21?) yet you have the needles centered so I surmise that you have intercepted the glideslope from above?

Or, the digit ‘5’ on the EDM appears to be extinguished. I don’t know what this means.

EGLM & EGTN

Either you pulled alternate static air or airmass is sinking at -10kts?

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Your Sandel has a mouse in it, proceed with a CAT-I approach.

ESME, ESMS

The VS is indeed about 2x too high. The answer is here:

Practice ILS, go-around at DH. You would probably not land from 150kt GS at 3nm…

The funny digit on the EDM700 is just an artefact of display multiplexing and the phone camera “shutter” duration. The only way to shoot avionics, I find, is at 1/80 or slower.

I think this is a good thread to continue with others’ situations

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Bit confused by your explanation, could not sleep so tried to work out your puzzle. I inferred you had 159kts GS, I could maybe make out the 15x on the DME. The Lydd, ILS 21 referred to earlier which maybe your are using has a 3.5 degree GS and suggests a VS of 980ft at that speed. Which is of course a touch fast with a “bit” of a tailwind… Which is perhaps what you meant?

I did notice the Sandel shows RNG 3% which is actually wrong, but I guess that means it is just in ILS mode?

Last Edited by Ted at 17 Dec 09:32
Ted
United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

You would probably not land from 150kt GS at 3nm

Why not?

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

Peter wrote:

You would probably not land from 150kt GS at 3nm…

You can always open the door and leave the gear up

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

You would probably not land from 150kt GS at 3nm…

“150 until 3 miles final” is actually exactly what I offer to controllers on busy airports when I’m in plenty VMC and know that there is heavy metal behind me catching up…

Germany
Sign in to add your message