Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Flying longer trips with a female without a comfort stop / in-flight toilet options

It’s not only females that are somewhat challenged with natural needs…

LFPT, LFPN

(Apologies in advance, its the building stress that’s driven me to this post!)

Now that some useful information and a hilarious video has already been posted I will add that this is the female flyer I worry about…. 13 years old, never flown before, facing a 13 hour flight…. Her ‘mother’ is no problem at all by comparison, for flight up to maybe three hours anyway.

Wish good thoughts for her… She has no English language proficiency but that seems to be the lesser problem than the flight itself. I was unable to convince the company bizjet driver to make an overnight ‘off the books’ run to get her so she could travel first class

By the way, it seems to me that men face equal problems when they reach ‘a certain age’ and that I may be ever so gently starting in that direction. Maybe there is some age where men and women are matched air travel partners?

Last Edited by Silvaire at 20 Aug 01:20

I always thought it was the men who has the weaker bladder hence, certainly in the UK and possibly France, there were always more male public conveniences than womens.

Speak to most women and we don’t need “to go” nearly as often as men.

And as for “it’s a men’s hobby sadly” you’ve obviously gone for the wrong women, lol.

EGBJ, EGBP, EGTW, EGVN, EGBS
certainly in the UK and possibly France, there were always more male public conveniences than womens.

I believe that is because of George Michael

I work with a woman who says she can hold 1 litre!

That is 5x more than I can manage.

Yes, men get more problems because as you get older, your prostate grows and pushes up against the bladder and irritates it.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I once had to divert due to immediate biological needs in the US – I had departed from North Las Vegas so you may imagine my diet was not ideal. I was thankfully on my own but when ATC asked why I was diverting I made the mistake of saying I was unwell.

The local ambulance watched as I taxied like Michael Schumacher, and were all ready to offer assistance as I dashed sweaty-faced for the nearest loo. They were very gracious afterwards considering…

London area

The catchy phase with the key words seems to be “diverting due to minor medical issue” or so I’m told.

Peter, on group motorcycle rides the age where ‘old man stops’ for male participants seem to kick in is about 65.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 20 Aug 16:42

Flying from Austin to Houston Gulf once, I had a guy in the back seat of our C170 who started suffering explosive diarrea on the way back. We were 20 minutes away from landing and he was writhing with the pain of keeping it in. We didn’t go near the toilet block after landing when he sought relief.

Andreas IOM

Link

The above link is well worth a giggle. As are the stories in the thread elsewhere I found it in:

Link

London area

Uh huh. This female does the flying. I can go for longer than my avgas supplies. 135 litres at 24 litres per hour. I crap in the morning before breakfast, I pee after my morning coffee. No problem.

It's supposed to be fun.
LFDW
Sign in to add your message