Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

My next aircraft - 150 Knot 4 seater with good range???

The new Cessna’s, Beech and Piper are fat though. They have grown as fast as the population has put on excess weight. The earlier aircraft with the engine upgrades seem to be the hot ticket. A U206G with an IO-550 would be way better to me than a T206H.

That’s why things like the PA24 Comanche are really hard to beat.

Buying, Selling, Flying
EISG, Ireland

what about a sling tsi?

United Kingdom

Maoraigh wrote:

Interesting Cost Rica registration.

Rather puts the lie to those saying you can’t operate foreign registered aircraft in the US.

Kent, UK

Here is a short video on the mods on the Backcountry 182 featured in the videos. I understand two up, half fuel it should operate Ok out of 300m if surface is OK. Interestingly it doesn’t have the upgraded Airglas nose fork.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

These mods plus an airglas nose fork and a PPonk engine on a 182A or B with a trimmable tailplane, would make a serious practical Backcountry tourer.

The BRS option is only available for the models after 1964.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

RobertL18C wrote:

Interestingly it doesn’t have the upgraded Airglas nose fork.

I hear you can fit a 7.00-6 nose wheel tire on a Cessna HD fork, even though you are only really supposed to put a 6.00-6 tire on there. Interesting cheat for a standard fork is the 380 × 150 / 15 × 6.00 – 5 Goodyear Tyre 6 ply which gives a bit for bang for the buck if you are flying under the radar.

Buying, Selling, Flying
EISG, Ireland

That one looks nice:

LFMD, France

Well, it is written VNE = 155 kts.
If you look for a 150kts airplane, maybe there are better options .

LFOU, France
Abeam the Flying Dream
EBKT, western Belgium, Belgium

Please put for-sale items in the Marketplace. At least that supports EuroGA.

Sling thread.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message