Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

My next aircraft - 150 Knot 4 seater with good range???

FWIW, I have had two big composite cylinders from MH in the USA shipped to the UK with the valve in place, though obviously empty.

He wants to take the tanks with him, on the plane. I did this 2 years ago and TSA wanted valves removed. Eric Westeren from MH told me so and TSA wanted to inspect the cylinder. Rules for freight are different to things you take on board or put in your checked in baggage.

United Kingdom

EDIT – disregard …I found a PDF.

I have found PDF POHs for 114, TB20, n.a. And Turbo Arrow III. Doing some comparisons that I’ll share when finished.

Jason

Last Edited by JJBeall at 17 Sep 10:30
Great Oakley, U.K. & KTKI, USA

I see it has been swiftly passed by, but an earlier poster suggested a Cessna 337. A significant reason they are rare is because they are not welcome in many airports due to noise.

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

You really don’t want a 337, not even as a gift. A nightmare to maintain, incredibly noisy from the inside, incredibly noisy from the outside. You can buy them for the spot market price of aluminium, I’ve seen dozens of them rot in the US…

No more twins. Been there and done that with a 310.

Great Oakley, U.K. & KTKI, USA

Hey Jason,

Since you are now possibly a bit more in a hurry to find a new airplane…

…if you are into nice avionics, check out this nice Turbo Arrow. It’s a high time engine though.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 20 Sep 12:13
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

I hope Peter won’t object my clear advertising :) but this is nice four seater with great avionics, full TKS and low hours.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Max budget was 80.000 Euros. Mind you, if you sell it for that price, he might well be interested.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

I think Emir is running a reverse auction. You can do the maths when the price will arrive at that point :)

I have posted a HR100/210 Safari on planecheck and Urs gave a nice summary on the plane. however, we came to think it might tick our boxes (and 448 liters make a go-everywhere plane) and we contacted the seller. Since we are looking for an IFR capable aircraft, we have a couple of questions, that hopefully the more experienced IFR a/c owners can help to resolve.

I think with the annunciator panel, 2 Garmin 430, DME, ADF, Wing leveler, second altimeter, she poses a good basis for an IFR Aircraft. The owner said, the aircraft is not IFR registered, because he wasn’t an IR pilot. Except the change to a Mode-S transponder, what would be necessary to get her IFR rated (on her current G registration) so we can do our EIR/CB-IR on the aircraft?

We are well aware that it’s a light IR aircraft, but our “Missions” don’t call for more right now.

Thanks a lot!

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany
Sign in to add your message