Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Planning Flight to Greece - seems much easier now!

Im reading this tread with great interest. I have a vacation planned for Sept 14 th to Corfu. A friend and pilot wanted to come along with his friend but since he is coming from the US and she from Germany he wanted to start the route from Munich. So I did the Flt planning from Munich as well as from Budapest. The difference is 1 hr from those 2 points with Munich being the longer of the two. But the catch is that my plane is based in BP not Munich and I would have had to fly to Munich 2 hrs there then depart for Corfu and then fly back to Munich and from there back to BP. Total trip time from Munich 6 hrs more than from BP. @ around 300 Euros an hour its a no brainer that everyone meets me at BP. Of course Aegean Airlines from Munich has really really cheap flights to Corfu. Felt smug until my girlfriend,I mean Mission Kommander found the Aegean airline site. Both of us used google I used .com while she used .de it never came up on my site. The cheapest flights I found were BA at 560Euro next was 790 with a 10 hr layover with another airline and it got worse from there.

I also noticed that the preferred route was to a vor or nav point over the Italian heel then over to Corfu. While a flight from BP stays along the coast of the Croatia and Albania. What routing did you get from Munich?

KHTO, LHTL

Hi Gene,
I think after this trip I’ll know enough about flying in GR than I already did :-)
Yes, the flight down follows the Croatian coast (after I get to it at Dubrovnik) and then makes a shortcut across the water to Corfu. Now the strange thing is that Rocketroute gives you this stupid route to the “Italian heel” when I tried to plan LGIR-LDDU direct, … but if you do it in Autorouter.eu you get a nice route through Albania, 3:35 from Heraklion to Dubrovnik, not bad!
You should be able to find a cheaper flight to Corfu, but if not – let them come to Split! At that time you’ll get a cheap flight to Split and for you it’s not a big detour.

We should really plan a Fly-in on Milos where a friend of mine has a nice little hotel !

Too Nice a place. Only trouble is that they might jump ship like the sailors during the gold rush. Also have to clear customs outbound from Hungary and then Inbound again. After all is said and done it would be cheaper for me to pay their airfare to Hungary from Baden Baden.

We got to talk about it when you get back. Hirschgarten? Taxisgarten? Englischer Garten?

KHTO, LHTL

Wherever! Just let me know when you’re here!
Isn’t Split a good place to meet?

Hi,
I read often euroGA, thank you to everybody for all kind of information.
I planed to fly to Greece this summer too. FYI, after a few days stop in Corfu, I m planing to stay in Sitia, I contacted SKYSERVE, I think it’s the only handling company on Sitia. I got a NO AOPA DISCOUNT answer. I send them the email I download on AOPA gr show the agreement between AOPA and them, no more success.
It doesn’t matter, it was just to share the information.
No problem is Corfu they were efficient in email communication.

To introduce myself, I m a small VFR pilot, I own a Robin DR360, I like to travel with my family. I discovered EUROGA few months ago searching info on Greece VFR trip.

PPG

PPG
LFNV

Hi PPG,
Maybe you can get some information from AOPA GR, or from “Petakas” here on the forum. OTOH Sitia is probably not expensive, and at least they have fuel!
Yes, the communication with LGKR worked nicely.

Last Edited by Flyer59 at 30 May 21:30

Hi Flyer59,

I read all post of Petakas with a lot of interest. I will google and contact OTIH. tks !

PPG

PPG
LFNV

Flyer59,

What is OTIH ? Unable to find something… A handling company, an aeroclub ?

PPG

PPG
LFNV

I’m sorry, PPG … No, it’s a mistake … a typo! “OTOH” for “on the other hand” …

It is possible that the particular handler at LGST does not do the AOPA discount, but to be honest the amount of the discount is worth about 1 nice fish so not worth worrying about

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message