Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Paying a landing fee at Bergerac

I have just received my bill from Bergerac for a landing last year, just over €60 any advice in the best way to pay this from the UK, I don’t have a French bank account, ( why don’t the have PayPal )
Thanks

When I was in their payment office in June 2014, they took credit cards then, but they are open only Mon-Fri and office hours. Hardly ideal for an airport!

Contact details from Navbox, so you have some numbers to try

I don’t think they could speak any English, but you can always try! When I was there they eventually found somebody.

Dinard also took a year to bill me… You can just see these airports being shut one day, suddenly, because if you take payments only Mon-Fri and 9-5, and invoice everybody else a year later, your cashflow is going to be absolutely terrible. It’s totally idiotic. Clearly these airports rely on the local govt being staffed by people who don’t care, don’t know, don’t want to know and/or are easily hoodwinked. That is how Shoreham was, for decades, until it all blew up.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Couldn’t you begin with waiting as long as they have waited?
You never know how they forget or give up.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

That is OK if you plan to never visit France again

That’s another danger of airports with inept accounting. They might forget about you, or they might not… and then you never know how far that might go. Actually you could buy a plane which then gets impounded because the previous owner (or some renter of the plane) did that.

One thing is for sure: a lot of people aren’t going to pay a bill sent out after a year so such an airport will have a lot of bad debts. Their address might have changed, the plane might have been told, or they refuse to pay it because they have no record of the flight, or because they think they have already paid it, or they have actually paid it (happened to me at La Rochelle, Pontoise and some other places IIRC). It’s an incredibly stupid game to play, by the airport.

In the UK, if you do this and then come back, for sure you will get impounded eventually.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I use transferwise.com When I had a payment problem (finger trouble) they answered the phone promptly and put it right.

Norman
United Kingdom

I also used transferwise to pay a relatively small (€32) bill from Lyon-Bron. It works really well.

Oxford and Bidford
6 Posts
Sign in to add your message