Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

How do you enter an SID, Transition, STAR, approach and runways in JeppFD on iPad?

I’ve been using JeppFD on the iPad for a while now. I read in the documentation that I should be able to add the procedures in the route but I cannot find the correct syntax to do so. Let’s take for example the following route:

LSZH → RWY 28 → ZUE2V ZUE Z601 BODAN Z601 KPT DCT NINUR DCT TULSI TULSI3A → LOC 26 → LOWI

How exactly would one enter this flight plan in JeppFD to have it full in?

LSZH, LSZF, Switzerland

28.ZUE2V.ZUE Z601 KPT NINUR TULSI.TULS3A.26

EDDS , Germany

Perfect, thank you!

LSZH, LSZF, Switzerland

Garmin Pilot is much easier for SID/STAR entry…I always struggle with JeppFD entries.

I may be missing something here but what is the context? You don’t normally know the sid/star till the last moment. You can guess, but you don’t actually know…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Same holds true for the routing in its entirety

autorouter chooses the SID/STAR that gives the best routing, that says nothing about the likelihood of flying the SID/STAR. Eurocontrol are aware about this and planning to introduce a statistical approach where the system would predict SID/STARs and thereby allow flight planning applications to make more educated guesses.

It depends a lot on the route one is flying and the knowledge one has about the airports. For example I know with a certainty of 99% that taking off from Zurich with normal weather (no Bise) is RWY 28 and going to the east you get ZUE2V departure. So I can type it in JeppFD at home. If it is as expected – perfect. If not – I can delete it and enter the new one after I get the clearance. Landing is a bit more tricky if one is under time pressure but e.g. LOWI doesn’t have many options when coming from the west, so why not predict TULSI the arrival and again delete it/ignore it if it is different.

Last Edited by Vladimir at 19 Jul 10:20
LSZH, LSZF, Switzerland

I may be missing something, but why do you use that antiquated piece of software at all? What does it do that the (free) autorouter doesn’t?

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Has the Jepessen plates which are easy to use in flight and switch between them. I use autorouter for planning but in flight it’s not much of a help, unless there are features I don’t know about.

What do you use in flight?

Last Edited by Vladimir at 19 Jul 11:23
LSZH, LSZF, Switzerland

But I thought we were talking pre-flight planning?

Last Edited by boscomantico at 19 Jul 11:32
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany
17 Posts
Sign in to add your message