Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Autorouter updates (merged)

We have just launched an update to autorouter.eu / router.euroga.org with a new briefing pack feature. Our goal is to become “briefing pack complete”, i.e. deliver to you all the documentation you would ever need to satisfy the ramp inspector from hell. In addition to that, we want to provide you with useful information.

The briefing pack currently offers:

So what, a briefing pack? Seen that before… Well, a few things are special about it and go further than what you’ve seen to date. All is in a single optimized PDF with good typesetting. After a lot of experimenting, we came to the conclusion that until today, Donald Knuth’s 1982 typesetting package LaTeX is still the only way to generate proper documents. I’ve always disliked the typesetting of our previous navigation log and the briefing pack of all other solutions out there.

The METAR/TAF overview is quite unique. We draw a map with the route and pick all METAR/TAF stations within a certain distance from the route and print them onto the map. The airport indicators are marked in colors (green = VFR, purple = hardcore IFR etc.) and you can click on them to get the actual report. This gives you a good overview, something I’ve been wanting for years.

Fuel planning and runway length calculations are also included.

The ATC information gives you a list of the FIRs crossed and the AFTN addresses your flight plan was sent to. Also when filing a flight plan, we now offer you to request an updated briefing pack before the flight — you can choose how long before. I’ve never liked that when I file a flight with other products a few days in advance, they send me the weather forecast with today’s data.

You can checkout this sample briefing pack LGMT LDZA for an impression.

We’re not “briefing pack complete” yet. Next we plan to add NOTAMs and SIGMETs/AIRMETs/GAMETs.

Great job, I’ve just check it for the flight I plan for tomorrow.

Last Edited by Emir at 21 Sep 10:41
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Really great job :-D

As asked before, do you think it would be possible to add Garmin FPL file to the email received after filing ?

Actually, I don’t manage with my iPad to download the Garmin FPL and open it in ADLConnect.
While, when attached to an email, those files are immediately identified as ADLConnect files !

That would be the ultimate “plus” for me :-)

Once again, thank for the marvelous job.

Regards
Alexandre.

Yes, every briefing pack mail contains the G1000 FPL file because you requested it

I swear, next time, I will swallow my tongue :-)

Will try it as soon as possible ;-)

This is simply amazing! Great job!

(I particularly like the use of LaTeX!)

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

It had been a while since I viewed you product, as I don’t fly IFR (yet). It is looks very good! I pointed out the tool to a friend of mine, who flies IFR. He told me that every time he uses it, it comes with an route which is accepted by ATC. He uses it ever since.

Keep up the good work.

jkv
EHEH

BTW. On android 4.1 I can’t open the PDF with the briefing information. The files apparently is 0 KB.

jkv
EHEH

And the best thing: All that is free

If there was a medal for “services to general aviation”, you guys would really deserve it.

LOAN Wiener Neustadt Ost, Austria

A small update to the briefing pack functionality. We now include SIGMETs (downloaded every minute from an official source) and try very hard to parse the content and understand it so we can mark them in the map. This is how looks for a flight through the Rome FIR this morning.

Sign in to add your message