Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Autorouter updates (merged)

I agree – it’s brilliant.

I also mention it in my last trip writeup, and have put in some screenshots.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter,

that is where I found out about it really.

I am looking forward to using autorouter in its entire spectrum once I restart my IR. That is why I am trying to keep up with the new features but have not yet got a lot of experience with it, but that will change.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

A few things were improved in the autorouter.

Arrival Messages via SMS/Telegram

When landing at an uncontrolled aerodrome, it is the pilot’s obligation to close the flight plan. When filing with autorouter, you can now use the ARRIVAL HHMM message to issue an arrival message for the given time in UTC. This is a very powerful feature, make sure to use it correctly otherwise you can mess up things for ATC/AIS. Note that in some countries, AIS might still expect you to give them a ring. More information here.

DWD Cross Section Forecasts via Telegram

As part of the DWD commands (requiring a pc_met subscription) we now offer an interface to DWD’s cross section forecasts. That’s a bit like GRAMET but only available for a set of pre-determined routes and timeframes. It’s based on DWD’s high resolution numerical forecast model which might (or not) yield more accurate results than GRAMET’s GFS. More information here.

DWD Radar Images

More RADAR images are now available for parts of Germany and the Alps. The commands are “DWD RADARDENORD”, “DWD RADARDEMITTE”, “DWD RADARDESUED” and “DWD RADARALPS” respectively.

French AZDA and Belgian airspace availability charts

The previous DABS and DABSTOMORROW for the Swiss daily airspace bulletin were combined in the new AIRSPACES command and information for France and Belgium was added. More information here.

For France you can choose the validity period.

NOTAMs via Telegram supporting FIRs and details

The NOTAM command was a bit restricted. It would only give you the NOTAM text (item E) but not the other bits of information. Here you can see that the runway is not available but not when exactly.

This can now be seen by displaying the details of the NOTAM:

You can now also query the NOTAMs for a FIR.

Variable aircraft fuel arms

Most pilots know that in weight & balance calculations, there are different load stations (front row, fuel tank, baggage compartment, etc.) and each load station has a given arm that influences the center of gravity (COG). Starting from light jets, it is very typical to have variable fuel arms, i.e. the fuel tanks in the wings have different arms depending on the quantity of fuel. This is because the shape of the tanks is so that the mass shifts forward and backward as the tank is emptied. autorouter now supports W&B calculations for these jets by creating a variable arm fuel tank.

Maybe not of much concern to us spamcan pilots but the Jasons of this planet might appreciate it

Last Edited by achimha at 01 Aug 10:27

Fantastic..
Achim, are you one of those people who don’t need sleep?

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Achima,
I just tried Telegram – pushing EOBT is usually the most complex task in field. SO a big THANKS to you, if you happen to be around LKTB/LKKU let me know, I need to buy your number biers or wine – the choice is yours…

LKKU, LKTB

do we have a thread for improvements suggestion somewhere here? can´t find it. Just a simply idea – sometimes we want to file a flight plan from LKTB to LKTB with STAY in the route – just to get into the system and make couple of approaches to stay current. I do admit not usefull for most of you flying IFR daily but still….a simple edit of the flight plan before submit will be enough here – just to add STAY into route and STAYINFO into field 18.

LKKU, LKTB

There’s a WIKI article on STAY and STAYINFO

https://www.autorouter.eu/wiki/airwork-stay-and-stayinfo/

Achim, great work on the fuel plan. Having just been through the W&B and weight shift section of ground school, this is exactly what is needed! In the Mustang it is the 11 degree sweep which causes it.

I have to say that this product is now really becoming a serious player in the space. I plan to try to use it instead of RR when I start flying again.

EGTK Oxford

To Achima-you are always ahead, thanks, more beers for you….

LKKU, LKTB

Just discovered, very impressive! Congratulations

LSGL
Sign in to add your message