Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Autorouter updates (merged)

how do I change the fpl speed

You can’t, at the moment. We really need the performance model (for the 4D profile).

What is your use case for this?

What we plan to introduce is some way to specify different cruise settings, such as high speed cruise and long range cruise, or 45%/55%/65%/75% cruise, and then let you choose which one to use. This will at least allow you to indirectly influence cruise speed.

LSZK, Switzerland

One feature of EuroFPL that I like is the possibility to send notification messages to friends or family at different stages of the flight.

Can you elaborate on your use case of this? In what way does this differ from sending the tracking link?

LSZK, Switzerland

Great work by Achim and Tom

The only time I felt the need to tweak the speed was to hit an arrival slot in circumstances where the destination employs a “€100k chair occupant” to cancel your flight plan if the ETA doesn’t fall within the slot time and the only case I actually recall was Aero 2015 (EDNY) this year.

Lots of places issue arrival slots but AFAIK none of them will cancel or suspend your flight plan if the filed ETA falls outside.

The requirement to hack the ETA comes from the fact that the GFS forecast winds (which the ETA will be based on if you choose that option) may be totally different from the actual winds, and you will arrive when you arrive… BUT you need to protect your FP from the stupid arrogant cancellation.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

no way to download/email all the plates of the airports of the route, you have to click on them one by one and click “download”

When you file a flight plan, you are offered the plates as part of your briefing pack. Outside of a flight plan, you have to get them yourself in Briefing → Plates where you have the choice between individual plates and whole airports and can choose to view, download or receive via email. I’m not sure it would be smart adding another extra use case (and interface) for this situation.

how I could reuse a plan for another registration

A plan is the result of a complex calculation involving the aircraft’s configuration and performance. Therefore we do not allow that but it should be very easy to generate the plan for another aircraft and once you have that, you can reuse it (as long as AIRAC and RAD updates do not affect the route).

It should be…

For a flight from Fairoaks EGTF to Nimes LFTW, my W&B show the same Ramp and TO Mass.

EGTF, LFTF

Great work indeed.

A suggestion, is it possible to save a specific aircrafts profile so that other users can reuse it? Perhaps a feature where I search for SE-ABC, if another user already has a profile saved for SE-ABC I can import his/hers aircraft profile to my own account?

A suggestion, is it possible to save a specific aircrafts profile so that other users can reuse it? Perhaps a feature where I search for SE-ABC, if another user already has a profile saved for SE-ABC I can import his/hers aircraft profile to my own account?

That’s on the to-do list. Slight complication is due to data privacy. If we make all aircraft available (which we are allowed to under our current terms and conditions) we would have many aircraft listed more than once. Then we’d have to identify them but we can’t use the name of the owner without his/her permission. If we have SE-ABC defined 10 times (and have such aircraft in our database!), which one do you want to clone?

My current thinking is that we let users share the aircraft by generating a token which is then passed along via email etc. Normally users of the same aircraft know each other. Right now we can clone an aircraft if you open a support ticket.

Sounds great and yes, I fully understand the issues. The suggested solution with a token sounds like a great way, then it’s up to every user if you’d like to share that or not. It sounds a bit like Dropbox sharing function (which has had it’s share of privacy issues though).

Wonderful Achim and all the others involved in this.

As you are doing Garmin outputs: How about adding the standard Garmin format for devices such as the 695,496 e.t.c.? I bought a 695 recently and love it, would be great to be able to transfer the flight plans onto it. Since you’ve already done the ones for the GTN and G1000, it should be a relatively straightforward thing?

Autorouter seems to become the very best tool around very fast. It is incredible what a bunch of dedicated guys who KNOW what is required and how can achieve in such a short time. Thanks a lot!

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

AFAIK the 695 should be able to read the G1000 flight plan file. I dimly remember having done that a couple of years ago, but not how

If that doesn’t work, do you have any example flight plan file the 695 would read?

LSZK, Switzerland
Sign in to add your message