Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Autorouter updates (merged)

Unfortunately WhatsApp blocked the account. That was quicker than I feared. They have a policy of not allowing automated services. I can’t edit the post above, Peter will have to do that.

What remains is the SMS feature. This WhatsApp policy really sucks. Will have to find another platform for this but there isn’t anything remotely as popular was WhatsApp.

Have you tried to get approval on using Autorouter as a Whatsapp client application?

They’re very clear about their position: no automated services. We’ll look for another service because this is tremendously useful. Threema’s API only does text, not graphics. Facebook Messenger is not reliable in the air. Viber doesn’t appear to have an API.

Thread edited.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I’m very sorry for you Achim, given that you spent a lot of effort in this Whatsapp gateway.

I suggest you to have a look at Telegram Messenger.
https://telegram.org/

To bad about Whatsapp, I’ll give another vote for Telegram. They allow an API for bots: https://core.telegram.org/bots/api

Very nice features! Congrats on the progress. I tried the Whatsapp functionality about an hour ago, it was amazingly fast!

Bushpilot C208/C182
FMMI/EHRD, Madagascar

Unfortunately WhatsApp blocked the account. That was quicker than I feared.

How do they find out? By monitoring the pattern of the messages sent and received to detect “auto-commands” and responses?

Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany

Yes, they have heuristics. Telegram is good, should be up and running by tomorrow.

How do they find out? By monitoring the pattern of the messages sent and received to detect “auto-commands” and responses?

Or, somebody tells them.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Great improvements.

Does this mean descent performance is now customisable?

One feature I miss from Rocketroute is the email you get after landing giving you takeoff and landing time. Very reassuring for people to know you’ve arrived, and helps filling the logbook too (yes I’m too lazy to write down take off and landing times myself, I’m usually busy at those times, too :-))

EGTF, LFTF
Sign in to add your message