Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Autorouter updates (merged)

@Tom and @Achim: Why do I get info on route charges when DA42 is clearly below 2 tons?

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Those are probably terminal charges which Eurocontrol collect on behalf of Crocontrol. In the official documentation (which we use to calculate), there is nothing that suggests aircraft below 2t would be exempted: http://www.eurocontrol.int/sites/default/files/content/documents/route-charges/information-circulars/ld-2015-01.pdf

If you are, then Crocontrol should be contacted to correct the document. Otherwise it is also possible that due to the low amounts, Eurocontrol so far remain from charging. They have a threshold where they start collection.

You’re probably right that it relates to terminal charges because I have calculation of €57.38 in autorouter for LDZA LDSP and €53.00 for LDZA LIEO.

Maybe is better to stay low profile than to ask Crocontrol anything – they might start sending invoices

BTW LDZL is grass field with no navigational aid (strictly VFR daily) and I don’t understand which terminal charges can apply to it.

Last Edited by Emir at 13 May 09:23
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Grass Mowing charge? ;-)

To make the terminal charges calculation easier to understand, we have just added a dialog showing how it is comprised. click on the little information icon next to the charge information and you get a dialog like this.

how do I change the fpl speed

You can’t, at the moment. We really need the performance model (for the 4D profile).

What is your use case for this?

Reuse a previous flightplan just by modifying FL and thus also speed, flying with a different power setting, changing it to a different airplane.

These are things I have become accustomed to doing in EuroFPL… and old habits are hard to change at my great ripe age

One feature of EuroFPL that I like is the possibility to send notification messages to friends or family at different stages of the flight.

Can you elaborate on your use case of this? In what way does this differ from sending the tracking link?

Receiving a notification and actively following a flight are two very different things. My wife appreciates receiving the EuroFPL (again) notifications upon departure and arrival. Makes her feel warm and fuzzy inside.

LFPT, LFPN

A suggestion, is it possible to save a specific aircrafts profile so that other users can reuse it? Perhaps a feature where I search for SE-ABC, if another user already has a profile saved for SE-ABC I can import his/hers aircraft profile to my own account?

This feature was added to the platform today. It works as described with users offering their aircraft to others and generating a code for it. More information here: https://www.autorouter.eu/wiki/aircraft-sharing/

Reuse a previous flightplan just by modifying FL and thus also speed, flying with a different power setting, changing it to a different airplane.

Thanks for giving me an understanding what you’d like to be able to do.

If you change the FL, then speed is recalculated according to the aircraft model.

So far there is no support in the GUI to change the aircraft, and we need to know the correct aircraft for filing, obviously.

The possibility to add different power settings is now fairly high on the list of priorities.

LSZK, Switzerland

Achima, absolutely fantastic. Thanks for this!

Achimha, a tiny bug report regarding the new feature. If I enter a code, the form shows it in capital letters even though I write without caps, but it doesn’t accept the code. The error “Invalid share code” comes up. If I do write it in capital letters (no difference to what is shown) it works well. So perhaps a regexp “/i” is missing? :)

Last Edited by martin-esmi at 13 May 18:57
Sign in to add your message