Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

MU2 in Europe - Dispatch services - Local copilots - Trip itinerary

Mike the MU-2 is the ultimate pressurised Super Cub as evidenced by this frequent visitor to Johnson Creek.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

mciholas wrote:

Just about everything. Charts, parking, fuel, routing, handling, customs, ground transport, equipment requirements. Have you read the Geneva airport document? 42 pages.

Even more than that, the AIP is 98 pages (including charts). But really, most of it doesn’t really need to be looked at during planning. I would concentrate on:

• The first few pages, for opening hours and facilities offered, contact details, etc.
  • 2.20 local restrictions
  • GEN 4.2 and/or the airport website for charges

I almost never look at the textual procedure description, only if something is not clear from the chart. I do not study all procedures in detail, only the one I am assigned to in flight (just ask early enough). I never look at the pages of stand coordinates as I don’t have an INS to calibrate… So really it boils down to looking at maybe 5 pages out of those ~100.

But that’s what you get for wanting to go to airports with a lot of commercial traffic, most of the time you’re better off going to a smaller alternative, then the whole airport documentation is a few pages only.

LSZK, Switzerland
92 Posts
Sign in to add your message