Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

UK GAR form discussion, and UK border police procedures

I could not get silverlight to work on some machines (winXP). I eventually somehow solved it on the laptop which I actually travel with

Maybe the developers are working on the basis that you are the only person in the UK still using Windows XP (and Symbian)

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

Any idea on timescale when it will be integrated with SkyDemon?

Hi VMC-ON-TOP,

I’ll update these forums as soon as that’s decided. Discussions are still ongoing.

-C

EGKL, United Kingdom

Carlmeek,
Just tried the site and I like it. I’m based in the Isle of Man from a private site, Garey Airstrip. I could not show this as my home field or as my point of departure/destination. How do I do it?
Also, please confirm the GAR will be sent to the relevant authorities in the Isle of Man. There was some issue about this with the AOPA site as I recall.

EGNS/Garey Airstrip, Isle of Man

Hi STOLman,

For private airstrips, you need to login, goto Landing sites, Choose ‘custom landing sites’ and add a new one. Then you can assign it against your profile, and against the base of an aircraft.

To clarify – the gar WILL NOT be sent to IoM or channel islands authorities by us. John Murray is already in talks with IoM and Channel Islands about delivering them a portal for this to happen. If you know anybody connected to the authorities give them a poke – we have a solution for them.

Regards,
-Carl.

EGKL, United Kingdom

Carl
I suggest you contact Stephen Gardner at the Isle of Man special branch on [email protected]. He is the officer responsible for Aviation on the island.
If I fly from the IOM to say Newcastle I need to send the GAR to both ends for each flight so if this can be arranged it’s a total solution for island based pilots. If not it’s only half the solution, albeit I can copy in Stephen on your system apparently.
Also, when I registered I got two credits not the twenty you said island based would get or did I read that wrongly.
I’ll try the custom landing site bit, thanks

EGNS/Garey Airstrip, Isle of Man

For you, and any other CTA residents, we have to manually flip you onto a “CTA” user type to get the 20 credits. I’m not sure who you are on my user list – can you email me on [email protected] so i can see your real name and email in order to do so?

I’ll send Stephen an email – thanks.

EGKL, United Kingdom

Thanks for your work on this (truly appreciated, having to deal with this pointless bureaucracy as an IOM pilot…)

I’ve emailed you also about the 20 credits thing.

Andreas IOM

> from the pilots’ perspective, integration of the system with CI authorities is of little advantage, since all CI aerodrome are fully international aerodromes and don’t require advance notice.

However, integration with the IoM authorities is of great benefit to the pilot – to hand in a GAR form in the Isle of Man if you (say) arrive at area Mike (fuel farm) at Ronaldsway means a call to security to get out of the airfield, probably a 20 minute round trip walk to the terminal building plus the time to fill the form, then wait for security to let you back onto area mike again. Just being able to enter the details in the website and fire and forget would hopefully make the whole GAR process just melt into the background instead of the irritating charade of emails and faxes that it is now. (Which boat owners don’t have to do, despite being able to get a lot more guns, bombs and drugs in a small sail boat compared to a single engine light aircraft!)

Andreas IOM

I’m somewhat confused at this point. Is this system not suitable for flights between England, Northern Ireland, The Isle of Man and The Channel Islands?

Egnm, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message