Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Random flying photos thread

Please state the location

Nice to see all that glass in a TB20

Yes, I wonder if that is the originally Socata-owned TB20 which was used as the test bed for their G500 STC?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Nice shots Alboule !

Alboule, Peter,
Isn’t this one even deiced, from the similar-TKS panel I see in the cockpit view ?

Yes; interesting they mounted the TKS control unit in the centre stack. It’s a good place for it. If anyone has more pics of this setup, it would be great to drop them into the TB20 TKS thread

I recognise that beach… there is a place called Vieux Port where I had my first ever holiday in 1983

Administrator

A few pics from a little local today… Lots of bad wx and lots more coming, and today was the only chance to go up for a while

Lots of people had the same idea, looking at the TCAS

The South Downs, Sussex

Tops at 4200ft, +2C

Administrator

Nice shots Alboule !

Thanks PetitCessnaVoyageur

@Peter: your comment on this aircraft being the test bed for G500 MOD ignited my curiosity.
- It is S/N 2138.
- The French aircraft register says:

So it was the property of Socata until 2011.

- According to this pic, it was not de-iced and operated by Airways training in 2004.
- According to that pic, it was de-iced and on display at an airshow in Cannes in 2010.

So they may very well have used it for the certification of the G500 MOD, while retrofitting the TKS system.

I’ll drop of few more pics of the panel in the TKS thread.

LFNR

S/N 2138 can be seen here

Not many G500s were installed in TB20s in Europe. I was quoted €48,000+VAT by Socata, and that included adding just 1×GNS430W. This one has a 430W+530W. I had been quoted something like half of that in the USA…

I saw a G500 TB20 in the factory hangar at Tarbes in 2010 when I had the TBM850 ride.

Administrator

From my last flight for a while … getting an Annual and a new engine and prop

Lots of fog everywhere. The flight could not have been done a few hours before and not at all since. It’s what you often get with a high pressure in the winter.

Administrator

LKKU, LKTB

A local flight between the snow showers in typical late winter weather. The Google robot fancied this picture also

Last Edited by LeSving at 18 Mar 18:35
The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway
Sign in to add your message