Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Random flying photos thread

Please state the location

gallois wrote:

The question I would ask is if @Dan understood what was being asked?

This thread is titled Random flying photos thread, and not nitpicking on ICAO phraseology, I should not have mentioned the ATC exchange in the first place. Apologies to @Peter who is doing his best at keeping this place in order

First precision, I was on a VFR flight plan. Then the whole “can you open to the right” is not contextual, since it was preceded by my callsign, and then followed by “and then join a left downwind 17, departure traffic from 17”. Again not the whole story since I was just out of the WL hold, and initially cleared WL1 route. This route normally takes one on 091° just South of the tower to then join mid left downwind. ATC’s “can you open to the right and then join a left downwind 17” was pretty clear for me, meaning to join the beginning iso mid-downwind.

Can we now please go back and post pictures in this thread

Last Edited by Dan at 20 Feb 10:11
Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

Can we now please go back and post pictures in this thread 

We don’t have much, so it’s RT talks

Back to the topic, does 30kts on windsock on yesterday circuits at Dreux work?

Last Edited by Ibra at 20 Feb 10:41
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Is the water as inviting as it looks?

France

gallois wrote:

Is the water as inviting as it looks?

Clear – yes. Warm – not so it’s 14-15 degrees these days and it will stay like that until March when it will start to rise. In May it will be 18, in June 20 to 22 and July, August up to 28. In September it starts to slowly cool down but it’s still 24-25, October 22 and November can still be around 20. Last year I did my last swimming late November and it was 20 while a year before my last swimming was on December 23rd and it was 18 degrees.

However, if you’re in scuba diving, Adriatics can be dove year around with best timing April-June and September-November.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Emir wrote:

and July, August up to 28

We’re already looking forward to these weekends and will definitely be somewhere in Croatia again around that time

Germany

Annecy Departure conditions yesterday, less than stellar…

On the VAREK departure from Ajaccio towards Annecy on Sunday, after a forced diversion due to a sick 2 year old on board…

Short final (Visual) in LFKJ Ajaccio

Cleared to land LFKJ

Departing Alghero LIEA for LFMT on Sunday (we thought…)

Fantastic Sardegna cuisine….

Snow cover on the Alps is less than optimal, (it’s dumped on us again on Sunday night) on a ROMAM departure on Friday

Tales from the tale… Between ROMAM and MTL. Here’s to another year of headwinds, yaaay…

The fantastic travelling machine that is the Baron58… Medical, MEP/IR renewed and Birthday thoroughly celebrated with great friends. Good weekend ;-)

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France

LFHNflightstudent wrote:

Birthday thoroughly celebrated with great friends. Good weekend ;-)

That is a nice way to celebrate, happy birthday (I feel the pain of aviators born in cold dark winter days)

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Ibra wrote:

That is a nice way to celebrate, happy birthday (I feel the pain of aviators born in cold dark winter days)

That’s why, as aviators, we fly to get away from that ;-). Realised again why I want to get a Baron58P, though for the first time since I’ve owned an aircraft the realities of having to worry about where to get AVGAS have been an issue. As LIEA doesn’t have AVGAS in the BE58 we needed to figure out where to refuel. Figari is 72hours PPR by NOTAM at the moment (and even then they cancelled our refuelling as they had 2 CAT there and nowhere to park us for refuelling… In the Comanche I just fly LFHN – LIEA and back without having to worry about fuel at all ;-)

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France

pic of the day (I hear you guys “always the same some boring stuff”, nevertheless, left the Mönch, right the Jungfrau, center a frozen over Joch), quite windy again

Last Edited by Dan at 22 Feb 16:27
Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland
Sign in to add your message