Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Random flying photos thread

Please state the location

It’s been cold even in the south of Sweden for a couple weeks, so we get to do Fly Ins on frozen lakes this year

ESMK, Sweden

Fantastic photo’s Arne (and to say I’m nervous taking off on a slightly contaminated runway ;-))
These ones from my MEP training flight (repositioning a Baron for maintenance work at LFPN Tousus) on Tuesday. De Gaulle frequency still eerily quite…

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France

Arne wrote:

It’s been cold even in the south of Sweden for a couple weeks, so we get to do Fly Ins on frozen lakes this year

How does it work is it offcial AIP airport/seabase? or just land where you wish?

LFHNflightstudent wrote:

These ones from my MEP training flight (repositioning a Baron for maintenance work at LFPN Tousus) on Tuesday. De Gaulle frequency still eerily quite…

Nice, it’s quiet that you can have time to take pictures this was on LFPN departure in October !
Are you doing MEP in LFPN now? I was looking at MEIR over there to kill time (and money), would be nice to do it in a Baron

Last Edited by Ibra at 18 Feb 15:59
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Ibra wrote:

How does it work is it offcial AIP airport/seabase? or just land where you wish?

You land where you wish, more or less.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

same in Estonia

EETU, Estonia

Ibra wrote:

You land where you wish, but importantly where you have verified the ice’s thickness prior to said landing. In practice, in the places I know it’s the nearby flying club who measures and communicates when it’s safe to land, radio freq, circuit direction, so the place is somewhat orderly.
ESMK, Sweden

I don’t want to be a party pooper, but am wondering how an insurance company reacts to a mishap. Operations on ice must be different to operations on tarmac. And “.. but the guy in the nearby aeroclub told me the ice was thick enough..” may not help.

PS I’m just jealous

Last Edited by aart at 19 Feb 19:32
Private field, Mallorca, Spain

As long as the landing is legal, I cannot see an issue with the insurer. Of course, read your policy.

None of the policies for my land plane or float plane had any clauses with respect to landing where you please (in North America).

Last Edited by Canuck at 19 Feb 20:11
Sans aircraft at the moment :-(, United Kingdom

@Arne ultimate freedom then, serious question: do you lean peak EGT to clean the plugs while taxi on frozen lakes ?

Last Edited by Ibra at 21 Feb 07:51

Châteauroux International yesterday, with load of Asian airliners stuck sitting idle !

Sign in to add your message