Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Random flying photos thread

Please state the location

dublinpilot wrote:

Do people from places that see lots of snow get the same impression of beauty and pristineness?

Yes, absolutely! Particularly when the snow is fresh.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Some night VFR training yesterday. My instructor took the photos. The ground is actually covered in snow, but the “light pollution” masks it entirely. And I can tell you, -15 C in a P2008 is COLD I was actually longing for a Lycoming with real cabin heating up there.

I started last year at the end of February, only to be suspended by Corona and grounding. When we could fly again, the darkness was gone up here in the north, no night to fly VFR-N in. But yesterday my instructor started mumbling about the regulation saying that for VFR-N, the entire program has to be done within 6 months, also the theory. If that’s the case, it’s not only insane, but I also think, I simply have to cut the losses. I have no intentions of starting all over again.

I have sent a long email to the CAA asking about this, and me having no part in this, merely a victim of they grounding us. Will see what they have to say about that. But, maybe some of you EASA reg gurus in here who know this stuff can offer some – well light on this ?

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Uppsala cathedral does look good surrounded by the snow

Airline graveyard Kemble EGBP last week, on our one day of snow this winter:

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

From a few weeks ago. There was some local fog

EBGB

Just scrolling my phone, from an older flight this Autumn: convective day full of microbursts and crystal clear visibility !

Last Edited by Ibra at 05 Feb 14:50
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Visited a friend at Livermore today, and treated myself to a Bay Tour via San Francisco on the way back. There was an interesting aircraft that had just landed at Palo Alto – a DHC Beaver on floats.

LFMD, France

My first flight in 2021 .. Getting my plane home from EVRS after 5 months of waiting for various things – MLG cylinders, autopilot .
It was nice to be airborne again.

EETU, Estonia

Nice G5s
Did you land on a snowy runway ?
What are MLG cylinders ? Engine cylinders or gear oleos ?

LFOU, France

Here’s a few from a flight yesterday

The last one is from the HD video; the 1920×1080 frames from that are quite usable.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Jujupilote wrote:

Did you land on a snowy runway ?
What are MLG cylinders ? Engine cylinders or gear oleos ?

The runway was plowed, but had some hard snow on it.. EVRS is operated by a club and they use city machinery to remove the snow, they are doing quite good job to keep it open. The first picture is actually taken from friends M20K who flew me to Riga.
MLG → gear oleos, I got hit by Piper SB 1131A for older type strut cylinders..

Last Edited by ivark at 12 Feb 19:19
EETU, Estonia
Sign in to add your message