Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Random flying photos thread

Please state the location

Losinj

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

still pic of the day, the île de Noirmoutier Pity the strong haze prevailing around central EU…

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

Pity the strong haze prevailing around central EU…

Nice pictures. Haze in Croatia is absolutely awful these days. It’s combined from moist coming with southern winds, sand from North Africa, smoke from spring fields clearing fires and high pressure system sitting over the area.

Last Edited by Emir at 27 Mar 06:00
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Emir wrote:

Haze in Croatia is absolutely awful these days.

It looks almost like flying over water in your last pic. How high were you? I could have taken a similar picture yesterday over Germany but only from within the haze (and less the polished wing). At FL70 it looked like still a bit of a climb ahead to get out of it but in just a T-shirt it got too cold to test it out.

EDQH, Germany

pics of the day… true as seen colours… Jungfraujoch from FL150… never seen so much Sahara sand deposited on the North side of the Swiss Alps…

Dan
LSZF, Switzerland

Interesting sand situation.

always learning
LO__, Austria

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

On Saturday I had another evening flight in the PA17, finishing with a couple of circuits and the last landing 15 minutes after sunset. I think sunset is surpassing sunrise as my favourite time to fly for the sheer pleasure of it.

EGLM & EGTN

Super-hazy today in the direction of the sea – the layer below me is resembling sea.

Last Edited by Emir at 28 Mar 10:23
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

@boscomantico where was that? Looks similar to some cliffs S of Le Touquet… or the U of K?

@Graham nice little critter you got here

Last Edited by Dan at 28 Mar 10:13
Dan
LSZF, Switzerland
Sign in to add your message