Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Random flying photos thread

Please state the location

Decided to make a short visit to Brexit City today.

Beautiful scenery over the Netherlands… would you believe?

Tiny hints of the city of London..

Final 21..

Tower Bridge and HMS Belfast

Last Edited by boscomantico at 27 Dec 14:00
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

boscomantico wrote:

Decided to make a short visit to Brexit City today.

A bit harsh for a city that voted remain, try visiting Boston (two airstrips one called Boston and the other New York) or South Holland in Lincolnshire, these are the big “Brexit Cities”, the names are bit misleading

From the pictures it looks like a smooth day where you are able to pick and choose the runway at Biggin

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Biggin Hill is a nice airport. Reasonable at £30 and it has somehow managed to avoid the lynching from the “boycott every airport over £10” brigade which dominates UK GA social media.

It was indeed a pretty good day for a flight… the first in quite a while

I’ve also been testing the new DJI Osmo Pocket stabilised camera… just downloading about 50GB from it

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

A poor flying year for me for a number of reasons, but the times I have been out have been most enjoyable.

Yet another sunny and warm day in central London and a smooth afternoon flight back home.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

You had good wx for flying back. I was in London too today, doing various things including spending nearly £200 to renew my passport on a next-day service As country people we try to do London not too often.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Got some very nice pictures (based on my and my friends photographing skills at least) a few days ago while flying formation. Good start of 2019!

Finally I got to fly a bit TB10:

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

I had a business trip on October in the Lot area. I took the Air France flight to Brive LFSL (ERJ-145) and could get in the cockpit for approach and landing (hand flown LNAV approach in IMC, I was impressed !)

I took the opportunity to do a sightseeing flight from LFSL with a local aeroclub member (he flew, we shared to cost ) :
Rocamadour (amazing town and shrine, very crowded but quiet off-season)

The city of Brive

LFSL is an interesting destination.
One definitely needs to rent a car and drive around to enjoy the area, and rental cars are available at the airport.
Fully IFR airport with ILS, customs, AVGAS and JETA via BP. A local business has a Meridian based there.

LFOU, France

Jujupilote wrote:

LFSL is an interesting destination.

I can recognise the places in the pictures not far east from Lalinde

Should have seen your advert for Brive before choosing Bergerac for a GA trip last year (both airports looked very nice when you go commercial + rent car)

This year, we will pick Brive and beat RyanAir flight from London, we lost previous battle as Bergerac ATC said you are number 2

Last Edited by Ibra at 05 Jan 23:17
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message