Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Random flying photos thread

Please state the location

What LED landing lights are in there ? Whelen ? Aeroleds?

EBST, Belgium

as opposed to certain uninvolved bystanders

Like, ahem, a moderator, whose job is to keep some limit on rudeness?

Once we go down that road, lots of people start leaving, and no mod is going to allow that to develop.

As it says in the Guidelines: Just be nice, okay?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

boscomantico wrote:

Probably correct to assume that the CBIR does not qualify as having „an IR“ in the context of the night currency rules.

Why would the route by which you obtained the IR matter for the purpose of night currency? I’m genuinely curious because if the route somehow leads to an inferior IR with important operational implications, people should be mindful. I am no expert, so you might be right, but it would seem odd to me if you can do an approach in Class A to 200ft with 1500m visibility, but you can’t fly at on a clear night

EGTR

There is a concession which came in under JAA (1999 or so) whereby a JAA IR gave you automatic night passenger carrying privileges.

AIUI (I believe @tumbleweed might know) it was done because of a cockup in the drafting of the JAA FCL regs which made it illegal for airline pilots to carry passengers at night!

The FAA IR does not give you this concession because FAA airline pilots fly not under Part 61 but under Part 121 or whatever it is and that has a separate set of rules.

The IMCR similar does not have this concession.

So, funnily enough, a UK issued JAA/EASA IR holder can fly an N-reg in the UK at night with passengers (without doing the 3 landings etc) but he cannot do the same in say France (ref FAR 61.3).

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Sorry mmgreve, I meant the EIR of course.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

boscomantico wrote:

Sorry mmgreve, I meant the EIR of course.

OK, that aligns with my understanding then. Thanks

EGTR

Peter wrote:

So, funnily enough, a UK issued JAA/EASA IR holder can fly an N-reg in the UK at night with passengers (without doing the 3 landings etc) but he cannot do the same in say France (ref FAR 61.3).

Isn’t the same for EASA PPL to take passengers after 1 takeoff/landing at night (but 2 at day) but needs 3 night under FAA61.75?

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

The Cessna 175 is not yet on the AML of the GFC500 STC (our plane is on the internal list at Garmin, I guess they need 20 or 25 planes to make it worthwhile). Some other Cessnas on our 3A17 type certificate like the Hawk XP can install it. I hope it will be possible for us within the next 3-5 years. Until then I’m happy flying manually in light and occasional IMC.
The landing light is a Teledyne Alphabeam. It was a drop-in replacement when our old bulbs blew out.

I had a great afternoon, maintaining suitable separation from everyone. So nice to get out and airborne again.

I might do a full pictorial when I have access to the photos on my other camera…

Last Edited by boscomantico at 22 Mar 14:10
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany
Sign in to add your message