Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Avoiding high FRAPORT and HANDLING costs in Greece

Latest from FRAPORT LGKR Corfu coming via Handlers who were notified:

Hope you are doing well.
We would like to inform you regarding a recent development in CFU airport.
Please find below the NOTAM we received regarding CFU:

GSCN NOTAM published:
A2397/23 – FOR OPERATIONAL REASONS, ALL GABA FLIGHTS OPERATING AT KERKIRA
AIRPORT MUST OBTAIN A CONFIRMATION ON THE AVAILABILITY OF THE
GABA GROUND SERVICES FROM THE GROUND HANDLING SERVICE PROVIDERS.
ALL CATEGORY 1 REPRESENTATIVES, INCLUDING ALL GROUND HANDLING
SERVICE PROVIDERS OBTAINING A PPR, MUST OBTAIN A GABA GROUND
SERVICES CONFIRMATION NUMBER (GABA GSCN), AFTER OBTAINING THE PPR. 06 AUG 22:01
2023 UNTIL 15 OCT 04:00 2023. CREATED: 19 JUL 13:19 2023

Following the issuance of the above NOTAM valid from 6 August 2023 until 15 October 2023 regarding CFU airport, please be informed that the handling of all GA/BA flights’ passengers will be effected through an exclusive route outside of the main terminal building with separate passport control, x-ray screening and exclusive lounge area.

Therefore, an extra charge will be added on the above basic handling prices during the aforementioned period:

For Live-In/Ferry-Out & Ferry-In/Live-Out GA/BA flights the cost is EUR 2.000 per flight
For Live-In/Live-Out GA/BA flights the cost is EUR 4.000 per flight

However, all technical stop, ambulance, state and military flights are exempted from the above surcharge.

Further to the above, please note that the above-mentioned extra charge will be applied as of 14/8/2023 and not 6/8/2023.

We remain at your disposal.

Best regards,

Nikos Vallis

GOLDAIR Ground Handling Agreements Manager

My comment for EuroGA forum. Don’t beat the Messenger (GOLDAIR), they were notified by FRAPORT the message was relayed to pilots.

So it looks like LGIO Ioannina will still be the airport of choice for ENTRY/EXIT unless you just need a TECHNICAL stop in LGKR say e.g. for Fuel.

Both LGKR and LGIO are ports of entry.

Last Edited by petakas at 20 Mar 18:10
LGMG Megara, Greece

petakas wrote:

unless you just need a TECHNICAL stop in LGKR say e.g. for Fuel.

And then you’ll pay how much? 500, 600?

BTW C&I should also be considered technical stop.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

We have had reports from LGKR from 150 to 1000, though the latter was with a few days’ parking.

Does LGIO always have avgas? I recall something about not after some date in October.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

petakas wrote:

For Live-In/Ferry-Out & Ferry-In/Live-Out GA/BA flights the cost is EUR 2.000 per flight
For Live-In/Live-Out GA/BA flights the cost is EUR 4.000 per flight

Pure abuse of monopoly. It is a crying shame that this can’t be challenged in court.

Last Edited by Mooney_Driver at 21 Mar 08:50
LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Is the above €2000.00 and €4000.00?

No such thing as 3 decimal points on currency, and 4000 can (on the mainland) be written as 4,000 but not as 4.000. So e.g. €4,000.23 is 4000 euros and 23 cents. 4.000 is meaningless.

Also the comma is not used in science/engineering.

Anyway, airliners won’t be paying 2k or 4k – much less.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

You are right 4000,00€ and 2000,00€
The comma is used in place of the decimal point not to delineate 1000s. Or at least that is the case for France.

France

Peter wrote:

4.000 is meaningless.

Not to millions of people from certain countries where it is common practice to use a period as a thousands separator. Oracle considered it widespread enough to include it in their documentation here

Personally, I much prefer the Swiss system of using an apostrophe (’) to separate thousands, even though the international standard (ISO 80000-1) is apparently to use a thin space.

Derek
Stapleford (EGSG), Denham (EGLD)

derek wrote:

from certain countries where it is common practice to use a period as a thousands separator.

It is more common than English-speaking people might think. Not even all countries where English is an official language use period as decimal separator. The gory details. I any case the intended meaning of the figures in the LGKR NOTAM should be obvious.

Last Edited by Airborne_Again at 21 Mar 11:43
ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Peter wrote:

We have had reports from LGKR from 150 to 1000, though the latter was with a few days’ parking.

Indeed its roughly 100~150€ with the Handlers who take care of you.

Does LGIO always have avgas? I recall something about not after some date in October.

See www.aopa.gr/Info Paragraph 2.
Its a seasonal thing.
A charter with frequent visits is scheduled from Israel each June to September, so the Fuel personnel serve also GA with AVGAS at the said (NOTAM’ed) Period.

LGMG Megara, Greece

Airborne_Again wrote:

I any case the intended meaning of the figures in the LGKR NOTAM should be obvious.

Indeed.
I have friends who vacate to Corfu each Spring for a week or so.
They fly to and park at LGIO, take a taxi ride west to Igoumenitsa port (some ~100€) and ferry across with the Ferry boat.
Some also rent the car from Ioannnina and use that car for the back and forth journeys,

https://maps.app.goo.gl/daXMJVBtEWzsdNfy6

The cheapest and no hassle solution.

LGMG Megara, Greece
Sign in to add your message