Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

LZBB FIR - aids, recommendations etc (and Skydemon/EuroFPL VFR flight plans being faxed)

Hunnicat wrote:

so they are not telling you the truth

Yes, I get this and will take it up with them.

you can file also FPL from LHBS for example and we distribute the FPL to Budapest ARO (few pilots from Hungary do that)

Thanks, I will try it in the not too distant future.

will be better for you if something wrong that the ARO will contact you?

Yes. Btw, that’s what Budapest ARO does if I file through their Homebriefing system. It works well because 95+% of the flight plans I file require no further action, so there is no call then. In the few cases when I make a mistake or the planned route is not possible, they call me, we discuss and a proper flight plan is distributed. In the few cases when I need advice (i.e. a few weeks ago about routing around the Red Bull Air race restricted areas), I can still call and get advice.

Hajdúszoboszló LHHO

JnsV wrote:

Yes. Btw, that’s what Budapest ARO does if I file through their Homebriefing system

If a pilot files FPL via our system, we have his email, phone number and he and we can see the same information what is going on with the FPL. If there is a problem we can “reject” the FPL and the pilot will see it, we can write remark that we need him to contact us, we can contact him also so lots of ways how to handle situation.

I will talk about calling to pilot with my boss and will see. We dont want to punish or push around pilots. I only want them to see the FPLs also from other point of view.

BTW I found this:

4.4 FLIGHT PLAN
4.4.1.3 Operators and air traffic services units should comply with:
a) the instructions for completion of the flight plan form and the repetitive flight plan listing form given in Appendix 2; and
b) any constraints identified in relevant Aeronautical Information Publications (AIPs).

Note 1.— Failure to adhere to the provisions of Appendix 2 or any constraint identified in relevant AIPs may result in data being rejected, processed incorrectly or lost.
Note 2.— The instructions for completing the flight plan form given in Appendix 2 may be conveniently printed on the inside cover of flight plan form pads, or posted in briefing rooms.

LZIB

Hunnicat wrote:

If a pilot files FPL via our system, we have his email, phone number and he and we can see the same information what is going on with the FPL. If there is a problem we can “reject” the FPL and the pilot will see it, we can write remark that we need him to contact us, we can contact him also so lots of ways how to handle situation.

That’s how it is with Homebriefing and this is what I very much like.

I will talk about calling to pilot with my boss and will see. We dont want to punish or push around pilots. I only want them to see the FPLs also from other point of view.

Thanks for your efforts! I tried to make it clear in my first post that everybody involved was as helpful as they could be on Saturday and I posted because I really wanted to get your side of the story. And while I would appreciate not having to call for a flight plan, it’s good that there are real people on the other side whose intent is to help the pilot.

Hajdúszoboszló LHHO

JnsV wrote:

Thanks for your efforts! I tried to make it clear in my first post that everybody involved was as helpful as they could be on Saturday and I posted because I really wanted to get your side of the story. And while I would appreciate not having to call for a flight plan, it’s good that there are real people on the other side whose intent is to help the pilot.

first of all – SkyDemon lied to you with the msg that FPL was sent to LZIBZPZX so you and all other pilots does not have any idea that FPL was as a fax msg. I will have a talk and at least I will try to inform all colleagues that pilots are not aware of this. Also I sent you an email.

LZIB

JnsV wrote:

How are you going to communicate using coordinates over VHF voice, when you fly single pilot VFR in a plane with no autopilot?

I’m not advocating the use of coordinates in VFR flight plans. I’m advocating the use of 5LNC. What I’m saying is that everyone would be better off if every country stuck with the Doc 4444 flight plan rules.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Hunnicat wrote:

JnsV wrote:
Hunnicat wrote:
If you file a FPL via SkyDemon, EuroFPL or other service using AFTN address KBLIHAEX – the FPL is recieved by FAX!!!

Why is this? The confirmation message they send to me (i.e. the user) says that they sent it to LZIBZPZX, which is an AFTN address, not a fax number.

so they are not telling you the truth
I’m a bit confused now… I understood your original message to mean that the Slovak AFTN centre reroutes all messages originating from KBLIHAEX to a fax gateway rather than routing them to the intended AFTN destination.

In that case the confirmation message can not possibly say anything else than that the message was sent to LZIBZPZX, can it? The originator can’t know what the Slovak AFTN centre did. It can only know that the message was properly sent.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Airborne_Again wrote:

I understood your original message to mean that the Slovak AFTN centre reroutes all messages originating from KBLIHAEX to a fax gateway rather than routing them to the intended AFTN destination

NO, SkyDemon transfer the FPL into FAX msg

LZIB

Airborne_Again wrote:

I’m not advocating the use of coordinates in VFR flight plans. I’m advocating the use of 5LNC. What I’m saying is that everyone would be better off if every country stuck with the Doc 4444 flight plan rules.

And would you happily add 5-10% to a perfectly valid VFR route so that you can route through 5LNC points?

Hajdúszoboszló LHHO

first of all – SkyDemon lied to you with the msg that FPL was sent to LZIBZPZX so you and all other pilots does not have any idea that FPL was as a fax msg.

I think you’re seeing this a bit one-sided. As far as I understood, it’s your decision to convert their messages to fax. So you can’t blame them for saying it has been submitted to LZIBZPZX.

Also, even if it were them who sends it via fax, the message in Skydemon is just to say that the FPL has been submitted to ARO Bratislava, by whatever means and they use the AFTN address as a designator. Sure they won’t give pilots a fax number, as nobody will able to identify what agency this is.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 28 Aug 12:19
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

boscomantico wrote:

it’s your decision to convert their messages to fax

negativ! they convert FPLs to fax cos they were sending shity FPLs in the past.

LZIB
Sign in to add your message