Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Jepp plates from Navigraph

Navigraph tends to omit plates for Cat. A and B aircraft. I remember that in the past the charts for EGHH ILS (both runways) were not combined (separate plates) for A&B and C&D, and Navigraph only included C&D. However it seems to be no longer the case for EGHH, possibly because in underlying Jepp plates they have been merged into one.

Oh, and also worth noting, real Jepp plates use biweekly update cycle, so there is an extra update between normal AIRAC ones.

Last Edited by YakovD at 21 Nov 09:08
EGKR, United Kingdom

I remember that in the past the charts for EGHH ILS (both runways) were not combined (separate plates) for A&B and C&D

Usually it’s because of the small prints in alternative inbound or missed procedures, Jepps tend to put their legs in “busy pilots shoes” (sometimes AIP plates with well funded NAA will abuse this by adding load of Z, Y, X…or CatA/B plate), I just checked, it’s here:

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

YakovD wrote:

Navigraph tends to omit plates for Cat. A and B aircraft. I remember that in the past the charts for EGHH ILS (both runways) were not combined (separate plates) for A&B and C&D, and Navigraph only included C&D. However it seems to be no longer the case for EGHH, possibly because in underlying Jepp plates they have been merged into one.

Oh, and also worth noting, real Jepp plates use biweekly update cycle, so there is an extra update between normal AIRAC ones.

You might have turned on “CAO mode” (Commercial Airline Overlay charts) in which case charts specifically optimised and created for commercial airliners show Cat C/D minima only.

You will then also find this symbol at the top of the chart page:

Last Edited by wbardorf at 21 Nov 09:54
EGTF, EGLK, United Kingdom
33 Posts
Sign in to add your message